♫♪ My little cheap Circlophone© ♫♪ - Page 112 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd October 2012, 03:39 PM   #1111
diyAudio Member

Okay, howabout this?
Attached Images
File Type: gif CircloDarling.gif (27.5 KB, 473 views)
Old 2nd October 2012, 04:06 PM   #1112
diyAudio Member

That's pretty close. Ugly, but that's hat it takes right?

If you build it you may discover it's not needed. But it most likely is.
Old 2nd October 2012, 04:32 PM   #1113
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielwritesbac View Post
Okay, howabout this?
Adding a parallel C-R circuit at NFB for avoiding cap at negative input doesn't seem to me a relevant way for abide purpose. I may be wrong but I actually prefer keep simple as much as possible NFB.
Old 2nd October 2012, 04:37 PM   #1114
diyAudio Member

I as sorta thinking the same thing. You trade an electrolytic for a film. It may be ugly, but maybe it's orth it?
Old 2nd October 2012, 04:53 PM   #1115
diyAudio Member

I also wonder why we shouldn't re-adjust compensation values of original Circlophone respecting new buffer/input implementation. Is it possible to adjust compensations for getting any advantage in terms of output device variety, flexibility, etc?
Old 2nd October 2012, 05:05 PM   #1116
diyAudio Member

In theory, yes. Dan has come up ith some ne compensation schemes and I have made improvements to the servo compensation. But this is all in simulation. Until someone ith a good signal generator and RF skill builds it, e ill never kno.
Old 2nd October 2012, 11:33 PM   #1117
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by terranigma View Post
Adding a parallel C-R circuit at NFB for avoiding cap at negative input doesn't seem to me a relevant way for abide purpose. I may be wrong but I actually prefer keep simple as much as possible NFB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by keantoken View Post
I as sorta thinking the same thing. You trade an electrolytic for a film. It may be ugly, but maybe it's orth it?
If I put 10k parallel to the NFB cap it wouldn't have equalized the load on both transistor bases, right?
Old 3rd October 2012, 12:12 AM   #1118
diyAudio Member

It ould be half-equalized. You ould need to make this resistor at least 100k, and then there ould be no point.
Old 3rd October 2012, 05:33 PM   #1119
diyAudio Member

If we're stuck with the input circuit, I can simply return the NFB cap and leave the trimmer on the schematic; however, there's a lot that doesn't do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by terranigma View Post
I also wonder why we shouldn't re-adjust compensation values of original Circlophone respecting new buffer/input implementation. Is it possible to adjust compensations for getting any advantage in terms of output device variety, flexibility, etc?
Well, yes. That's the step out after this one. I'd like to do that without adding a lot more transistors.
Old 10th October 2012, 06:34 AM   #1120
diyAudio Member

Default New input now simplified. Needs checked.

Okay, NFB cap has returned and the protection diodes have increased to 1v, which may or may not give enough tolerance to avoid offset bounce. The static protected BAT86 are unlikely to misfire, but I have a question: Are the BAT86 durable enough for this or do I need a pair of FR/BY or similar fast silicon to get the 1v figure?

The resulting schematic is much simplified. If the input circuit passes your inspection, then I can begin work on minor compensation adjustments for phase linear up to 1.5mhz, without further increasing the transistor count. To make this sync up, I'll have to put MJ15003G or similar speed output, devices in the simulator, and then compensation adjustments, can then be quite mild, without the complexity we saw earlier. I'm trying for minimal modifications this time. But, first, an input. . . (see attachment). Is this okay?
Attached Images
File Type: gif circlodarling.gif (26.7 KB, 409 views)

Last edited by danielwritesbac; 10th October 2012 at 07:04 AM.

Hide this!Advertise here!