Ahuja Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Could somebody tell me what are those variable resistors for? (RP401 and RP501)

Are they for bias or DC offset adjustment?

Attachments

• scan0002 (1).JPG
    scan0002 (1).JPG
    536.6 KB · Views: 2,341
Yes the same question from me. ....................
I think RP401 is to adjust bias of Q401.....
BTW, How did you acquire schematic brother?

It has the same Circuitry as in Ahuja model 760.....:) which I have......:)
In my amp recently, I lost control over Bass. The Bass control on my amp doesn't work at all. There is no bass in the output at speaker.... I am also on fixing the amp...;-)

Yes the same question from me. ....................
I think RP401 is to adjust bias of Q401.....
BTW, How did you acquire schematic brother?

It has the same Circuitry as in Ahuja model 760.....:) which I have......:)
In my amp recently, I lost control over Bass. The Bass control on my amp doesn't work at all. There is no bass in the output at speaker.... I am also on fixing the amp...;-)

This schematic was the last page of the manual given with the amplifier at the time of purchasing (in the year 2000) but now its (ahuja) not providing a schematic

Last edited:
You are surely doing your measurements wrong because 1.2V at B-E junction means a disaster, it will smoke the devices in no time.
RP401 has nothing to do with the calibration of Q503 and Q504. RP501 should be checked for malfunction instead, if you are getting that much high voltage.

You are surely doing your measurements wrong because 1.2V at B-E junction means a disaster, it will smoke the devices in no time.
RP401 has nothing to do with the calibration of Q503 and Q504. RP501 should be checked for malfunction instead, if you are getting that much high voltage.

Yes sir i have wrongly done my measurements as i confused in taking readings with my analog multimeter
i have set the bias to 500mV approximately

thank you sir for your co-operation and for paying valuable time by attention on to this...

if you dont mind i want to ask you as i didnt understand why you have said to adjust RP401 to mid position
what changes occur by increasing or decreasing it?

sorry for my bad english if any...

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.