Simple SS mono amp?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am looking for the simplest design, wattage output anywhere between 150-250 Watts RMS.

I would like to study it and its components so I can understand the basics. I have successfully built a tube amp, working on my second one - and have a very decent knowledge on tube theory. However, I am considering an SS build for my powered home subwoofer.

My final goal is to eventually add different filters to the circuit, including a clip filter (protection), and an effective EQ system (maybe parametric) to adjust the frequencies between 10Hz and about 120Hz. Other filters would include an adjustable rumble filter (subsonic filter), a low pass filter adjustable from ~80-200Hz.

I would like to learn each part in sections / blocks so that I can design my own model for my own applications.

But for starters, I would like to understand the most basic AB mono power amp, including the essentials such as simple preamp and power supply.

Thank you!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.