who is making these transistors (originally NEC audio output)?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just received these parts. Original manufacturer is NEC. The 2SC 2987 part bears the NEC mark. The S does not seem to be the gain group, as this can be R, Q or P.

The 2SA1227 part is puzzling me. I have never seen this logo of three tick marks in a circle. Again, there is no gain group.

Regards,

Eric

Attachments

• a1227.gif
    a1227.gif
    77.2 KB · Views: 372
Yes, I now the specs, I even have the NEC data sheet in Japanese.

My question was who manufactured the A1227. My experience is that those clones are usually not full second sources. Just look at the data sheets for the Sanken 2SC2837 and the Mosspec clone by the same part number. Gain linearity, fT and Cob are so much worse that the part should not be allowed to go by the same number. I have some WEC parts for which I found no data sheets which are, judging from simple measurements, also much worse than the orginals.

Joined 2003
Paid Member
capslock said:
Unfortunately, not all letters work (dead sub-links). I will keep trying.

Indeed, perform a search on "IC logo", or "IC id" or similar things.
There is more to find, however, I gave up after 15'; Ones get dizzy by looking at all those logo's :cannotbe: :clown:
You could try this too: http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?f=brwsidx&state=e7qht4.1.1
but then you're busy for months.. ;)
/Hugo :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.