Anyone built this amp?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Re: Hi again!

JojoD818 said:
What is C16 and C17 for? It seems to be placed across the wrong pins of the tip31/32???

In the schematic it is placed across the collector and emitter. However in the pcb it is placed across the base and collector:scratch:

Which one is correct? The schematic or the pcb design?
Those caps seem :scratch: Why do you want to add capacitance? I thought you should avoid it, extra capacitance? Can anyone give me a good explanation which I can believe in?

endless choices

joan2,

Hi! I have already finished my leach amp 2 weeks ago and is still playing. I love this amp, it's quiet, powerful and sounds very good. But best of all, I built it! :cool:

On the case of other amps, I believe that for me to increase my knowledge/experience in electronics, I must expose mysef to it. Building my leach amp taught me a lot, but now it's finished. I can't keep my hands from doing eletronics so what better way to spend my free time? Yup, you got it - build other amps.

If you have other amp projects, can you post them?

Cheers,
JojoD

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.