2sb649/2sd669

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It appears that such the models don't exist except as some "home brew" versions made from datasheet info. These don't seem to always behave like the real thing. For example, using the "homebrew" models LT-Spice indicated that an amp design I've built (one of Randy Slones) was unstable. But since I built it and it obviously was stable something isn't quite right. When I replaced them with MJE340/MJE350 pairs, the SPICE model worked fine.

For know I use the MJE340/350's for simulation but actually build the sucker with the 2sb249/2sd669's. Someone will probably have a reason why I'm risking disaster by doing this, butnso far it seems to be OK.

There are also two parts 2sa1220 and 2sc2690 that seem to be very similar per the datasheet to the 2sb649/2sd669s. Models are available from Fairchild Semi where they are called KSA1220/KSC2690 (the "K" may mean they are made in the Korean facility). However, the actual parts are hard to come by (try www.smcelectronics.com) and when inserted in a simulation, they sometimes seem too different from the othere two sets of components mentioned abve given the appearent similarities.

I would suggest the MJE approach unless someone comes up with some bona fide models.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.