More Heathkit AP-1800 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th April 2011, 06:40 AM   #1
Rob D is offline Rob D  United States
diyAudio Member

Default More Heathkit AP-1800

My Heathkit AP-1800 preamp just died. Old post here lead me to believe that someone may still have a schematic and/or manual.

It's old but is seems like it still worth fixing... Are schematics still available?

Rob.
Old 25th May 2011, 08:57 AM   #2
Rob D is offline Rob D  United States
diyAudio Member

Status update:
I found manual supplier and AP-1800 is repaired. Also have 'spare' AP-1800 that I bought for parts. It is inop, but is in very good condition - minus 19 in rack 'mounting ears' and several knobs and buttons. I'd love to find a source for the missing parts - I don't have the heart to part it out...

The old Heathkit system was recently mated with an Emotiva UMC-1 Audio/Video Preamp/Processor (recommended) which provides modern digital TOSlink and HDMI interfaces for the H.T. I'm happy to see it used every day again.

Rob.
Old 15th August 2011, 08:35 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Ahhh, Rob, Rob, Rob... good luck with that! I've been searching for years now for just a single, black, lever-switch knob. (And a reasonably-priced set of OEM rack-handles, if possible... 'though I have a set of handles that work, so no biggie there.) I think (IMHO here) that while electronic components would be fairly easy to find or sub, Heathkit audio-specific hardware, switches, knobs, PCB's etc. for this wonderful "black-faced" audiophile series, Heathkit's last and best, are virtually impossible to find. Nobody wants to part these out unless there's no chance of resuscitation and they're tired of waiting and searching. Unless they're idjits who just don't know what they have. You'll have to be very lucky and very patient.

Please, though... should you change your mind:

1) Depending on what you have and what's good, there's probably excellent value available through eBay.

2) And pul-eeZE email and sell me a single lever-switch knob (# 462-1033)! LOL

Regardless, good luck! >>> craig!
Old 3rd October 2011, 05:22 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

I have an AP-1800 in good working order that anyone can HAVE if they are willing to come pick it up. I will not ship. Also have a Carver CT-27v, gratis.

Hide this!Advertise here!