More Heathkit AP-1800

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Status update:
I found manual supplier and AP-1800 is repaired. Also have 'spare' AP-1800 that I bought for parts. It is inop, but is in very good condition - minus 19 in rack 'mounting ears' and several knobs and buttons. I'd love to find a source for the missing parts - I don't have the heart to part it out...

The old Heathkit system was recently mated with an Emotiva UMC-1 Audio/Video Preamp/Processor (recommended) which provides modern digital TOSlink and HDMI interfaces for the H.T. I'm happy to see it used every day again.

Rob.

Ahhh, Rob, Rob, Rob... good luck with that! I've been searching for years now for just a single, black, lever-switch knob. (And a reasonably-priced set of OEM rack-handles, if possible... 'though I have a set of handles that work, so no biggie there.) I think (IMHO here) that while electronic components would be fairly easy to find or sub, Heathkit audio-specific hardware, switches, knobs, PCB's etc. for this wonderful "black-faced" audiophile series, Heathkit's last and best, are virtually impossible to find. Nobody wants to part these out unless there's no chance of resuscitation and they're tired of waiting and searching. Unless they're idjits who just don't know what they have. You'll have to be very lucky and very patient.

Please, though... should you change your mind:

1) Depending on what you have and what's good, there's probably excellent value available through eBay.

2) And pul-eeZE email and sell me a single lever-switch knob (# 462-1033)! LOL

Regardless, good luck! >>> craig!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.