Dx Blame MKIII Supercharged will soon be released - Page 8 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th July 2011, 10:21 AM   #71
diyAudio Member

Default I am developing a PRO version of this amplifier

But for different purposes than we have here..here is amateur, a DIY audio forum where sometimes non very skilled guys decide to build their first audio amplifier... i do not think we need to provide "hard to kill" amplifiers as this is not the purpose of this forum...seems to me it is for sharing experiences in an amateur way... well... DIY has this meaning to me.

I do not think we should increase cost with protections, or too much protections and publish these monsters here.... i do think people build to use at home, exception are some spies we have trying to capture schematics and them to produce amplifiers to sell in Ebay...but these are exception and not the rule.

Despite i dislike the sonic results of many of these protections, i am developing another MKIII, a hard to kill one... with clamp diodes, dumping resistances... VI limiters and also protected enhanced VAS, voltage regulator to the input circuitry and several other things in order to allow the guy to try to kill it if they want.... and i do think they will succeed installing and powering on the amplifier under water..or using a Caterpillar truck over it.

heheheheh...not for us.... i am amateur and i suppose this forum have not asked our degrees and documents showing we are Engineers or audio professionals.

regards,

Carlos
Old 10th July 2011, 08:43 PM   #72
diyAudio Member

Default I am building one more MKIII Hx .... this one to my wife

For her to listen her old Italian songs.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MKIII Hx.JPG (155.2 KB, 521 views)
Old 11th July 2011, 11:33 AM   #73
diyAudio Member

What do I need to match, to achieve lowest DC-offset (except everything)?
Old 11th July 2011, 11:35 AM   #74
diyAudio Member

Default Preparing handmade pcboard

The official board is the one Alex mm made..this one is homemade..just to have fun.... only to 8 ohms, customized to my family needs.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Preparing homemade pcboard.jpg (165.8 KB, 480 views)
File Type: jpg Homemade and handmade pcboard.jpg (421.6 KB, 459 views)
Old 11th July 2011, 11:38 AM   #75
diyAudio Member

Default The differential pair, these two first transistors that receive signal and feedback

Are the most critical ones...but really do not bother yourself with off set.... an enormous off set of 200 milivolts means 5 miliwatts of energy you will waste..this does not move speaker and does not unballance power amplifier..let it be.

Usually, as standard, manufacturers accept values till 25 milivolts as normal, common, average and not problematic... obsessive guys sometimes worries too much about that... o hope you are healthy in your mind.

regards,

Carlos
Old 11th July 2011, 12:58 PM   #76
diyAudio Member

Default I do think i am getting old.... delaying to much to make an amplifier

in the past, 2 to 3 hours was all i needed to make layout, produce board, etch board, assemble and test...now a days i am spending this time only to produce board.

60 years is really old folks...uncle charlie now slow and lazy.

knife is to remove shorts in between tracks... we spend less time painting thick lines than trying to make them thin and perfect...time removing shorts is less than 5 minutes...so..we save time with the method.... the copper lines are made watching both board sides flipping it constantly, once a second...then you compare what is painted over and the need to trace lines to connect dots.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Doing 1.jpg (160.0 KB, 398 views)
File Type: jpg doing 2.jpg (198.3 KB, 373 views)

Last edited by destroyer X; 11th July 2011 at 01:00 PM.
Old 11th July 2011, 01:11 PM   #77
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer X View Post
in the past, 2 to 3 hours was all i needed to make layout, produce board, etch board, assemble and test...now a days i am spending this time only to produce board.

60 years is really old folks...uncle charlie now slow and lazy.

knife is to remove shorts in between tracks... we spend less time painting thick lines than trying to make them thin and perfect...time removing shorts is less than 5 minutes...so..we save time with the method.... the copper lines are made watching both board sides flipping it constantly, once a second...then you compare what is painted over and the need to trace lines to connect dots.

regards,

Carlos
Why don’t jou use iron and laser print
Old 11th July 2011, 02:39 PM   #78
diyAudio Member

Default I have not laser printer....and it is very distant from my place to order a copy

That's the reason why.

regards,

Carlos
Old 11th July 2011, 02:41 PM   #79
diyAudio Member

Default I have made some progress..will have 15 break to lunch and

soon i will be listening.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Aa.jpg (92.8 KB, 193 views)
File Type: jpg Bb.jpg (259.9 KB, 227 views)
Old 11th July 2011, 08:56 PM   #80
diyAudio Member

Default I was out shopping..... tomorrow i will put it to work

Here some pictures i took.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Angle.JPG (239.3 KB, 195 views)
File Type: jpg Nail polish.JPG (223.4 KB, 153 views)
File Type: jpg Placa diagonal.JPG (262.1 KB, 164 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!