Dx Blame MKIII Supercharged will soon be released - Page 27 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th July 2011, 01:54 PM   #261
diyAudio Member

Default Alex mm made both options

attached.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Files
File Type: pdf DX MK III HX B ALL.pdf (177.0 KB, 274 views)
File Type: pdf DX MK III HX B COPPER BOTTOM VIEW.pdf (52.0 KB, 202 views)
File Type: pdf DX MK III HX B COPPER TOP VIEW.pdf (51.9 KB, 196 views)
Old 24th July 2011, 01:55 PM   #262
diyAudio Member

Default Here you have more images

Attached.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Files
File Type: pdf DX MK III HX COPPER 2 TOP VIEW.pdf (42.1 KB, 208 views)
File Type: pdf DX MK III HX COPPER 2 BOTTOM VIEW.pdf (42.1 KB, 172 views)
File Type: pdf DX MK III HX ALL.pdf (143.1 KB, 238 views)
Old 24th July 2011, 03:18 PM   #263
diyAudio Member

besides dealing with the space factor of the larger board , how do you plan on getting any heat transfer with the pcb being between the outputs and that alu angle ?

sorry but this makes no sense to me at all .

cheers Woody
Old 24th July 2011, 03:38 PM   #264
diyAudio Member

Default This will happens in other forum...not here...in this forum, boards

may be the original...the ones we start offering...the old style..without "L" adaptor...if i understood well...this is what Byron will do.

About the other forum, despite it is not you should worry, we are dealing with this modification.

Majority of guys are Brazilians...not only from Brasil but my friends..people that has assembled one or two amplifiers from the "corporation"

They use "L" shape adaptors and they have protection boards (delayed insertion, off set protection and thermal protection) and they will connect the thermal sensor to switch off when reaching high temperature...and this may not happens because they will use their amplifiers at their home.

I will provide schematic to the ones want to make the protector...i have all plans and also they have boards...i have also boards here and they can copy to produce by themselves.

They will be stimulated to buy heatsinks that already has a flange to reduce thermal troubles... some thermal grease will be suggested and this may help a lot... avoiding the adaptor, using the special heatsinks Hugh Dean from Aksa uses, then no problems about heat transference.

They will know..all them...about the thermal issues....i have made several videos about it and all them will be published there.

Do not worry...uncle charlie will be dealing with this problem.... visit this link and watch loudspeaker protection....i will provide this schematic modified to use 64 volts supplies:

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Heatsink 2.jpg (4.4 KB, 349 views)
File Type: jpg Heatsink 3.jpg (69.9 KB, 346 views)
File Type: gif Heatsink 1.gif (3.7 KB, 370 views)

Last edited by destroyer X; 24th July 2011 at 03:45 PM.
Old 24th July 2011, 04:01 PM   #265
a.wayne is offline a.wayne  United States
diyAudio Member

Carlos,

i believe he is talking about the ilustration posted , it shows the outputs attached to the board before going to the angle. I'm sure this was an oversight and not what is actually going to be done.
Old 24th July 2011, 04:28 PM   #266
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.wayne View Post
Carlos,

i believe he is talking about the ilustration posted , it shows the outputs attached to the board before going to the angle. I'm sure this was an oversight and not what is actually going to be done.
that's exactly what i'm referring to a.wayne
Old 24th July 2011, 04:32 PM   #267
diyAudio Member

Default Well... i am confused.... boards offered may be these ones

Well... i have so many files here that i have to study.

So, no "L" shape adaptor to the diyaudio forum group buy...no flange, no special heatsinks.

Is that what you're talking about...i am Brazilian...my english is poor... write long text and explain what you mean with details or i will not be able to understand.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Files
File Type: pdf These ones...Hx all.pdf (143.1 KB, 219 views)
Old 24th July 2011, 04:39 PM   #268
diyAudio Member

what i'm referring to are the illustrations in post #248 . the only way i can see that working is to have the outputs under the board but then you'd be using the board to clamp them which would be less than ideal .

cheers Woody
Old 24th July 2011, 04:44 PM   #269
a.wayne is offline a.wayne  United States
diyAudio Member

carlos as saídas tem que ir diretamente para o ângulo ou dissipador de calor não pode ser fixada para o conselho antes de ir ao ângulo ..

You have to mount outputs straight to the angle or heat sink .....
Old 24th July 2011, 04:46 PM   #270
diyAudio Member

Default I continue confused....i am showing the boards we gonna use

in this forum... the idea that is better to heat transference..the most safe idea.

Not what i like..these images are not my prefered..but this is what i suggest....this is what is needed...this is the best solution.

I am not understanding the meaning of your message Woody...explain using more words....i am not a native english speaking guy....uncle charlie is brazilian.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Good option...better to heat dissipation - 1.jpg (148.4 KB, 336 views)
File Type: jpg Good technical solution - 2.jpg (167.6 KB, 324 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!