Dx Blame MKIII Supercharged will soon be released - Page 22 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th July 2011, 01:12 PM   #211
diyAudio Member

Default Why you behave so unkind when people suggest modifications?

I do think people have not designed, have not tested... so... they do not know what they are talking about and trying to include their own ideas on it is awfull... they really want to go aboard a glorious ship..without pay for it...have not worked hard..have not take the risk to expose themselves to ridiculous if something goes wrong..but they want to put their name together yours.

No way!... some guys wants bonus without onus..wants glory without work for it..without take the risk.

regards,

Carlos
Old 20th July 2011, 01:18 PM   #212
diyAudio Member

Default Oh!...my stock of foolishes is ending...i will think about that and may return

I will be back!

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dxhappy.jpg (172.3 KB, 426 views)
File Type: jpg img_6082.jpg (71.8 KB, 411 views)
File Type: jpg we want you.jpg (140.2 KB, 407 views)
Old 21st July 2011, 07:18 AM   #213
diyAudio Member

Damn. I knew you liked to talk but......wow.
Good sense of humour for your old age though.

Regards

Simon
Old 21st July 2011, 07:48 AM   #214
diyAudio Member

Default People feel shy to ask some foolishes.... or very basic things

and there are a lot of non skilled guys hidden.... i must inform them these things to make them appear from the bottom of their caves.

I do love to talk....yep.... as people is not posting questions..them i will post to myself.... maybe this way i will be answering something they would like to post as questions and they did not.

There's a lot that comes to my personal email with simple questions... this shows me they are shy to post questions..as they prefere something private.

Another thing, dear Simon, i had to be in evidence...i had to appear..... was a need to have posts appearing first place in the main page..because was running a group buy that was increasing orders in a very slow way...now it is fine..has a lot of orders (more than 30 heres and more than 50 in another forum).... who knows Simon?.... was because the noise i have made?.... maybe yes and maybe not... so... i do these things "just in case".

Actions can serve for nothing, can be bad and can be good.... these things i told cannot be bad for them.... for sure will be help...so.... this may be good.

Understood?

regards,

Carlos

Last edited by destroyer X; 21st July 2011 at 07:50 AM.
Old 21st July 2011, 08:00 AM   #215
diyAudio Member

Default I have prepared, to myself, a home edition... a low power version

This helped me to compare amplifiers while using the same supply...the same range of power.

And i am showing you the schematic... basically the same amplifier... some parts replaced for tuning purposes and some parts are different because availability of these parts in my junk box.

It is not an amplifier released...it is just a curiosity for you.... i had fun producing smaller boards and using only two pairs in the output... it is sounding great..the same sound i have to the MKIII-Hx..... a little bit more high end because the smaller capacitor in the VAS....hehehe.... this made a lot of difference... VAS is the most important stage.... the most important tuning is made there.

The MKIII-Hx is already faster and have much more dinamics compared to the Supercharged MKII and the Dx Blame ST.... so....i found was unfair to compare them... would be a slaughter (heheheh)... then i decide to make them same power...same supply...this would result a more fair comparison.... sadly my camera is not able to register high frequencies..and there's the main difference between them:

‪Hx and St, a comparison‬‏ - YouTube

regards,

Carlos
Attached Files
File Type: pdf PDF Hx - Home Edition.pdf (96.8 KB, 217 views)
Old 21st July 2011, 08:18 AM   #216
diyAudio Member

Default Have i to use Silver Mica capacitors?.... are they really better?

Yes...they are, in special when you face critical situations.... it is more stable..capacitance remains unchanged when facing variations of amplitude and frequency... and this does not happens with a ceramic capacitor.

In SSB transmitters... Radio Frequency transmitters... when you have variations of amplitude (suppressed carrier), we have to use these capacitors.... ceramics does not work fine there...so...in the output base to ground, as tuning capacitors, we always use silver mica.

But this is needed only to the Voltage amplifier stage (VAS)..because there you have huge variations in amplitude...there the operation is critical and we need stability...in other subcircuits in audio amplifiers, you can use other kind of capacitors...i do like ceramics because not coiled inside...their construction is not coiled as others...and coils are inductors...and inductors opposed to high frequency to cross...so.... ceramics are better as bypass capacitors, these ones in parallel with rail electrolitic condensers.

I am suggesting 103 and 203 ceramics to bypass condensers.

I do think the zobel filter capacitor should be ceramic too...because non coiled...but 100n ceramic is big to be used... we need there 100 to 250 volts insulation.... and this is huge when the dieletric is ceramic...and you have not a coil thing inside.

Input capacitor does not need to be Silver Mica...or Mica..... you can use ceramics (cheaper) or other.

regards,

Carlos
Old 21st July 2011, 08:25 AM   #217
diyAudio Member

Default Do different capacitor sounds? different brands and material used to construct them?

Watch this video and you will conclude by yourself if they sound or not.

I remember he had a second part...i could not find it now...but may be in his channel.

‪Guitar Tone Capacitors, part 1: Evaluating Material Types‬‏ - YouTube

Well..use a good amplifier and speakers to listen...or you will not able to evaluate.

Please, do not read video comments prior to listen and evaluate by yourself in order not to polute (influence) your own evaluation.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Use good speakers and amps for monitoring purposes.jpg (554.2 KB, 327 views)

Last edited by destroyer X; 21st July 2011 at 08:48 AM.
Old 21st July 2011, 03:27 PM   #218
diyAudio Member

Default There's some strange capacitors in your amplifiers... and different values

What are they doing there in the circuit?

‪Supply rail resistors, bypass caps and oscilations in audio amps.- 1‬‏ - YouTube

‪Supply rail resistors, bypass caps and oscilations in audio amps.- 2‬‏ - YouTube

regards,

Carlos
Old 21st July 2011, 04:31 PM   #219
black is offline black  Romania
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to black Send a message via AIM to black Send a message via MSN to black Send a message via Yahoo to black
is a final schematic ?
Old 21st July 2011, 04:51 PM   #220
diyAudio Member

Default Can I use these transistors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer X View Post
No!... these transistors are the ones i have.. so, i have tested the amplifier with them..naturally they may be something more guarantee to you..but several others..hundreds of other models of transistor will fit.

regards,

Carlos
Hi uncle Charlie,

You almost answer my question, but not quite. I would like to know what you think would be the audible effects of using 2SC5200/2SA1943 output transistors instead of your specified ones in the DX Blame MkIII Hx. I have a bunch of 2SC5200/2SA1943 leftover from previous projects.

Appologies if you have already answered it elswhere, but I could not find it.

Thanks,
Francois

Hide this!Advertise here!