Dx Blame MKIII Supercharged will soon be released - Page 12 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th July 2011, 06:09 PM   #111
diyAudio Member

Carlos,it seems I'm to late for organize a groupsbuy maybe Europe?
Old 13th July 2011, 07:09 PM   #112
diyAudio Member

Default This one is not from Alexandru Layout that may be even better

I made this one in the old style.... the same way people did down the sixties and seventies...made this way for fun.... to travel to the past.

I will love to see you building this too dear Meanman.

regards,

Carlos
Old 13th July 2011, 07:54 PM   #113
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanman1964 View Post
Carlos,it seems I'm to late for organize a groupsbuy maybe Europe?
You are not too late. I'm now getting quotes from manufacturers, and waiting for GERBER or DXF file from Alex mm. I have not decided if I want to organize group buy yet.

-Byron
Old 13th July 2011, 08:08 PM   #114
Banned

How much for two boards ? Yeah i know, if i have to ask, i prolly cant afford it.
Old 13th July 2011, 08:14 PM   #115
diyAudio Member

Default I understood you wanted to open group buy to Turbo...reason why

i have accepted, gladly, Byron cooperation dear Meanman..... HRII-55V and also MKIII, and also Troyan..also Trust and some other amplifier have never had a group buy...only Dx amplifier, HRII-36V, Precision 1 and Dx Blame...others are sad and lonely..also the DHR Turbo and some other circuits developed and may be interesting too.

First you should test yourself doing one group buy than try a multiple task....you gonna see that "it is not an easy task as people imagine".... then you can be exclusive and take care of all designs... if you survive (mind) doing these things....why i say that... watch how many started and now a days are tired.. this happens...uncle charlie is the one is never tired...maybe mad i am....of course this depends how many guys are interested in Turbo.... it is for powerholics only...not too much around...maybe gonna be easy...but Blame MKIII may collect more than 20 orders in a matter of monthes.

You are free to open group buy from several other models if you want.... i understood that Turbo was already a lot of hard work...you do not imagine how busy you gonna be after start this kind of work.

I always accepted cooperators, because this is not an easy task, also i cannot do that, not only because i am busy producing ideas and designs,building them, testing them, producing videos, uploading videos, producing advertising to diyers to assemble for free.. stimulating them to etch their own board, giving follow up, helping and supporting psychologically the ones that failed and feel frustrated with their amplifier with problems...well... i have a lot to do..also i am in 8 foruns, in Orkut, MSN, Linkedin and several other social places..also Youtube as you know..with more than 500 videos there...answering comments.... not only this is the good reasons to keep myself out of group buy... but also because people is always suspecting we are earning money and they do not accept this because of many reasons..some fair other unfair..... it is a big risk to me...no good tome to run group buy having a thread and beeing the designer and the one that tries to help..because moderator can kick me out and this way will result in abandoned threads, creating troubles to builders and will make Corporation guys sad and lonely..not good and not fair...better to me to be distant from this stuff.

Byron is thinking about...he may run or not....you also is thinking about and may run or not...i am the one that is always "on"..doing and doing and thinking about how to spread my amplifiers world wide... i have not doubts about what i want to do.

My main worry about you dear Meanman, is that you are with me ,building all my amplifiers models since a long time ago..a happy builder...i feel afraid to loose a happy builder that may be replaced by a sad group buy manager...bad business to me..to loose a happy one to have a bored other.

Also there's another way... we can split the job in two.... arrangements between you two... Byron can run group buy to Americas, Africa, Asia, Mid east and Oceania and you can run group buy to Europe.... observing my Youtube insight i see that Russia loves my amplifier and may be a diy customer (the one buy boards to assemble under DIY spirit..boards cheap and cost price) if boards results really cheap.....main interested in my stuff is USA, Canada and Russia... and China producing non authorized clones (hehehehe)

I would love to see you deciding this as i have other things to run....this will let me free to do the things i have to do...at this moment i have job for more 6 hours in front of the computer.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited by destroyer X; 13th July 2011 at 08:37 PM.
Old 13th July 2011, 09:02 PM   #116
diyAudio Member

I did an annoucement at the Turbo thread but there is till now no respons

Last edited by meanman1964; 13th July 2011 at 09:09 PM.
Old 13th July 2011, 09:25 PM   #117
Boscoe is offline Boscoe  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Hi there DX really glad to see you came out with this amp when you did it's epefect for what I wanted!

When you or others get a group buy going I'm in for 6 at least.

You know that Chinese manufacturer I spoke to you about before? I'm thinking of getting this design out there to him for production with your permission of course!

Thanks
Keep up the good work!
Old 13th July 2011, 09:35 PM   #118
diyAudio Member

Default People is more interested in newer models dear Meanman

Go ahead Boscoe.

regards,

Carlos
Old 13th July 2011, 10:31 PM   #119
diyAudio Member

hi guys been following this thread for awhile and very interested in some boards . why not instead of a group buy under the rules of the groupbuy board , someone gets boards made and sells them under swapmeet rules to cover expenses ? i've no problem paying a fair price for such boards .

i've just finished a swapmeet sale of a quantity of obsolete jfets and i KNOW what it takes to do it . my "huge" profit barely covered the expense of gas driving back and forth to the post office .

personally i think there will be enough interest for a modest or better order of professionally made boards and would be willing to help out

cheers Woody
Old 14th July 2011, 12:59 AM   #120
diyAudio Member

Default Woody...this is complicated.... hard to explain..takes too much time

the main idea is that is perceived as not fair...because the sittuation is understood as we are using forum...you know..taking advantage from forum.... here i can advertise because DIY, this is for free, and if i open a home page i will be using this forum as a lever... as a tool to send people to a home page and sell there... so..using forum indirectly as a tool, and for free... this is extremelly complicated to explain my dear..... the method is often used in my country but is considered as non decent by a lot of people.... i am 7 years here..i am known because of this forum..here i have my friends...it is not fair to open a page and start to sell because all the fame was built here..using forum bandwidth.... in this case, if i want to sell...would be better to advertise in this same forum..a paid advertisement...but i cannot do that.. i just cannot pay...i cannot afford.

I would like not to continue this kind of talk because this always have created a lot of troubles to me and drives me deeply sad as i cannot advance..i cannot progress.

I am asking your understanding and cooperation not to ask me details about.... the subject is extremelly sensitive and i ensure you i am being watched and monitored about that... also i have some few enemies created based in their envy..they are crazy to watch me doing that to bomb me.

I cannot sell..i have no paypall.... i cannot sell to you, for instance, because you belong to the forum..to sell i have to leave DIY...here is not allowed, because i became famous here... if i did i will be using forum, i will be taking advantage from the fame built here as i have used space for free... thousands pictures published... using this and also the fact that i became famous here.

The correct thing is to buy space for advertisement in this forum... a paid space..then i will be free to sell..but even this way i will not be able to continue to open threads as i will be using MORE space and for free to the purpose to show my stuff....i just cannot do that..i cannot pay..i cannot afford...so..no way to do this.

Conflict of interest is the name we have here when someone works to a company and start to have personnal advantage from that..using company name..company tools, company machines, company personnel...or if you are selling for the company, then you start to sell yourself cheaper than the company is selling their products..you know, cheating...robbering.. competing with your own company..knowing their price and selling cheaper...not honest...here in my place this is a crime..despite half population does not care about that.. I DO!...... Lever is the name... Alavança.... using forum as a lever to sell outside forum.. means that after the guy get some fame inside the forum, from the forum and because of forum space and presence of audiophiles...then the guy will open a home page and start to USE, take advantage... i do think this is not fair, not correct, not decent, not honest and not allowed to make diyaudio forum as being my outdoor to lever sells outside forum... i hope you understand.

So, to have my amplifier only when people has the goodwill to open group buys or if you etch your boards by yourself..other way is to ask me gerbers and order boards yourself for your own use.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited by destroyer X; 14th July 2011 at 01:29 AM.

Hide this!Advertise here!