Dx Blame MKIII Supercharged will soon be released

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Some more pictures.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Placa por baixo.jpg
    Placa por baixo.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 605
  • Poor man silk screen.JPG
    Poor man silk screen.JPG
    213.1 KB · Views: 586
  • Silk detail.JPG
    Silk detail.JPG
    237.2 KB · Views: 555
Oh! finally a friend recognize this is a nce diy way to do things

Exactly...all i need is a nail polish and copper boards...no computer, no board manufacturers...only hard work.

I have waited 20 seconds to rtch this board, and copper was thick...because of the chemical i am using...50 percent of hydrogen Peroxide (grade 40 of agua oxigenada) and 50 percent of hydrochloric or muriatic acid or spirits of salt

Thank you as you have made my day.... please inform your country my dear downranger.

Here you have it assembled and playing.....digital camera recordings does not make justice....treble is hair rising because of emotions this amplifier drives you.

YouTube - ‪MKIII Hx - one more assembled and tested‬‏

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
Exactly...all i need is a nail polish and copper boards...no computer, no board manufacturers...only hard work.

I have waited 20 seconds to rtch this board, and copper was thick...because of the chemical i am using...50 percent of hydrogen Peroxide (grade 40 of agua oxigenada) and 50 percent of hydrochloric or muriatic acid or spirits of salt

Thank you as you have made my day.... please inform your country my dear downranger.

Here you have it assembled and playing.....digital camera recordings does not make justice....treble is hair rising because of emotions this amplifier drives you.

YouTube - ‪MKIII Hx - one more assembled and tested‬‏

regards,

Carlos

I have seen your MKIII video in you tube with only one pair of output.Can't wait for the completed version with multiple output transistor.sounds GOOD on my headphone .Congrats!:hphones:

You know Carlos I envy you and others when I see their completed amps. on post.In my place where I work as foreign worker even ferric chloride is very hard to find and most of my co workers says its illegal to sell it here.I'ved search on internet for possible replacement and you have proved that to me that it works using agua oxinada and muriatic acid.

Can't wait to get back to my country.

I felt curious about your country, because the passion you have made me

think you may be latine....and i love to check these things...to study the way people feel and react.

Hydrogen Peroxide, or agua oxigenada is used by woman to light up their hair colour....also surfers in my place use it and go to receive sunlight to become blond.... hehehe....so, it is easy to find in drug stores.

The acid is also easy (here) as it is used for cleaning purposes...it removes rust from metals and also can remove paint from cement and concrete, even dry paint can be removed...so, it is used for building construction, cleaning and reform .... also easy (here) and cheap .... cost is around 2 USD a litter....and you spend just a small ammount each time, just to cover the board that must submerge into the liquid....acid itself , and alone, can do the job...but the free oxigen from the hydrogen Peroxide is catalytic, acelerates reaction and dissolves copper in 20 seconds.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
.... this time I made thinks much better , I have split the GND exactly in two, power ground and signal ground as Rudi Ratlos sugdested in PM .Thank Rudi
Alex.:)

Hi, Alex!
Could you please post the latest layout files so people can start thinking of building this beauty? Some guys are asking for them, and I would like to help.
Thank you very much!
Regards,
Max.

Yes Alexandru, you can release black and white images to allow people to etch

boards at home.

I am trying to increase recording quality, the camera's microphone is at the top of the camera, this results it captures more the ambience sound than the direct sound...i have pointed camera downwards in order to force the microphone cartridge to face tweeter and midrange drivers, then i had slightly better results.

My tweeter is not high quality..it is an old plastic diafragm tweeter that i captured from Bravox two way automobile speakers.... so... i already have losses there.

This camera encodes in wave format but with 8K or 12K sample...this is unable to record tones of high frequencies.... this mades recording almost absent of high frequencies.... i do think it is recording till 5000 hertz and anything more.... not very good to show the treble that is something from outspace.

I am using 100pf in the compensation..and i think 82pf may be even better as i have tried in the first prototype.... silver mica there, please.

YouTube - ‪MKIII Hx.‬‏

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
Carlos,

I notice you now use 1k collector load on VAS buffer device - to protect from destruction during clipping. Did you consider option of connecting the collector of this device to the output signal instead ? The output is nominally at ground, but when the VAS is most in danger is when the output is negative clipping and then the voltage on VAS buffer collector is low enough to prevent destruction. There is some impact on sonics, but it makes your VAS more bullet-proof and this idea is also patent free :D

Good idea...i do think i have used for the Troyan, a more standard

darlington style VAS....thank you dear Bigun...now it was made...i left a couple of days waiting for suggestions, but now i put the machine to work.... in other words, the modification season finished.

I will try your idea to the next design. because becomes confused and troubleb when we have to change things, schematics, bom, pcboard layout and so on.... also when we have version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 and so on.... this confuses a lot...i prefer to finish, to end and to start a new project.

Thank you very much..i was waiting Andrew T to say something...he said anything then i closed the design this morning and said to Alex to run the black and white images and post them in order to allow people to produce boards..so...no more changes...but i do like very much your idea and i thank you very much...i gonna check it in the future and i may use it and will say people the idea came from you.

regards,

Carlos

It looks that resulted in more speed...looks more dinamic and

also keept the blameless overall sound quality...i tried because i felt the CCS not very good... treble is very special in this one...i have to check it while using same power and same speaker... you know, to do a fair comparison with the Dx Blame ST...then i will be able to say something more about it.

I do suggest you to do the same...test it and compare with the CCS and also with the bootstrap.... CCS will loose...this i can say in advance.... try this idea you have simulated...better than my opinion is your own real world test... this may answer your questions better than i can do.... also, feelings, sensations, emotions, are very difficult to translate to words

regards,

Carlos

Yes...no problems...it was tested in several different voltages

I am sure that from 20 plus 20 to 64 plus 64, the unit works fine and does not need modifications.

Naturally the output power changes, and also the need of so many power output devices..for instance, the 21 plus 21 volts i am using to test my second MKIII Hx reduced the power to 18/35/70 watts in 8/4/2 ohms... also increase the distortion from 0.008% THD to almost 0.04% THD and this means 5 times bigger distortion and this you feel, you listen and turn the sound less clear to our ears.

In the reality, mine second prototype is operating using a 21 plus 21 volts 800 miliamperes supply..so..i can have 18 watts maximum and even reducing the output from 8 to 4 ohms i will continue having the same power, because the supply...in this case i can decrease output impedance to 2 ohms and will continue to have the same power..no increasing..because the power output depends on the supply.

With 50 volts you will not have too much difference...but the power output will drop a lot man... power output gonna be less than 120W at 8 ohms...more or less 240 watts at 4 ohms and 400 watts at 2 ohms..your sensitivity will increase..you gonna need only 350 milivolts to drive the amplifier to full output power instead of 400 milivolts (sensitivity/gain resistor set to 390 ohms) and distortion will be 0.010 % THD instead of 0.008% THD...well... that difference we cannot perceive.... too much small increasing in distortion.

In the real world you will not have 50 volts.... when draining current you will have voltage drop and your power may be 80/160/300 watts depending your supply power.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
Do your know your transformer power?

Because depending your transformer...if you will use a single transformer or two transformers.... well..we can study to allow you to save money..if was needed 3 pairs instead of 5, then i can calculate to you.

Inform if you know your transformer power... also the AC output voltage of your transformer... if you do not know your transformer power, then i can teach you how to discover.... send me a picture of your transformer together dimensions..then i will be able to imagine it's power by it's size.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
500 watts transformer will produce 325 watts of audio power

aproximatelly....so, this may be your maximum power.... good to one channel...power may be 80 to a 100 watts RMS into 8 ohms..... fro 160 to 200 watts when using 4 ohms and may reach 325W when using 2 ohms.

You may need only two output pairs and filters can be 30 thousand plus 30 thousand microfarads.

Transistors suggested can face 4 amperes each one of them when submited to this voltage (50V)....and you will be draining 2.7 to each one of them...so...gonna be safe with 2 pairs IF you will be using MJL4302A and MJL4281A.

If you decide to use a single 500 watts transformer, then you will have everything divide by two...also a single transistor pair can be use to each channel...your power gonna be 40 to 50 watts with 8 ohms.... 80 to 100 at 4 ohms and will produce maximum of 160 watts per channel with 2 ohms load....no magic... audio power output depends on supply power.

Supply condenser must be 30.000 plus 30.000 microfarads...do not try to save money on that, please.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.