Dx Blame MKIII Supercharged will soon be released

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Was Alex mm that made the beautifull board

Zimmer have asked to make some samples to distribute to a couple of friends...and then some folks (3) from the International community came and asked some boards then Zimmer provided them some boards....no one is producing boards anymore... i do think even Zimmer have stopped..... if you want, go direct to him and ask about.

I have one, as sample, saved as a registration into the history.... was not assembled yet.

He is starting to work with me to produce Dx Super A boards to Brazilians, also the huge SMPS Kraftwerke supply.

imap.eletro@gmail.com

Here you have the kind of boards Zimmer made.... he had, from Mitchel, the permission to use the layout and had the original gerber files.

Dx Supercharged Blue pcboards available - YouTube

Zimmer picture attached...he is one of our "germans" in the South of Brasil.... a farmer.

Germans in Brasil:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASrUNevw76g

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Sem título.jpg
    Sem título.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 662
Last edited:
I do think the name printed in the pcboard, as layout designer

is Alex mm, the one made the pcboard.

So, even Meanman should keep Alex as layout designed even having modified the ground plane and some capacitors... a Brazilian made too and distributed 50 kits in Brazil... Alex mm name is there.... and will be for ever unless some radical modification is made, moving more than 50 percent of parts and looking entirelly different.

To the people that wants to modify i would say that we are satisfied with Alex mm pcboards, proved reliable along this years.... no need to upgrade or update.

Thanks to Alex, a great layout designer.... i do think he is in the first place in our forum... a professional.

We had Byron, also Juan Vargas... and Meanman...all them made a great job, but the pcboard remains with Alex mm "look" and quality.... the one created the pcboard from the scratch, the mind behind the product, is Alex mm.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
Supercharged was something that made me sad

The sound was not that good in the bass...i found that MJEXXX was the cause..units that i have replaced to BD139/140 sounded much better...also i had to reduce the supply voltage because of these transistors.

Sound is excellent...but compared to units using BD139 it is less good...something you can go with it for your whole life not knowing till the day you make comparison then you realise the reasons why.,

All that stuff we learn step by step.... 10 years learning here...in the reality 54 years doing audio electronics...i am still learning.

regards,

Carlos

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.