PASS F5 with Linn Sara 86db 2.6-4 ohm speakers :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yes, you all know what Im gonna ask... :)

Got my F5 DIY ...so far very sattisfied ...
Got new speakers ...Linn Sara Isobarik , 86db 4ohm rated but they go to 2.6 ohm at 4kHz.
Linn/Naim forums recommend nothing less than a Naim 250 to drive these efficiently so I am mind-boggling now whether I have the right amp and what are the limitations...if any :)

After enjoying benefits of DIY I am reluctant to thinking of buying a Naim just because people say it is a good match with Linn and that it is "powerful" , so I would appreciate your thoughts on this matter... :warped: since I dont use FirstWatt in this combination...only watts after that...

Peace!

Depends on your preferences.
Many people do not need thundering speakers.
But listen at normal levels.
Only a few Watts can give rather high decibel. Even with a speaker 86dB rated.

Think you just should enjoy your system and foget what is said about your setup.

Well the thing is I am enjoying it but keep wondering if it could be better cuz I see people on the net pairing some very expensive equipment to these speakers... :) ( dont get me wrong, this is by far the best setup I had in my home...presence, timing, bass , timbre is excellent and it is amazingly involving).

Nelson said that for FisrtWatt amps you should look for high efficiency speakers... :p

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.