Mid+tweeter amp for triamping?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi folks, looking for your expert advice here.
In a short time I could be swapping my 0.5 Maggies with 2.7, which are real 3 way design. Active xover+triamping appears so sexy... :D
As you know Maggies love and need current and pay you back being a largely resistive load with real value of 4 Ohm per panel.
Bass panel amps could come courtesy of ESP P101 boards, started long time ago and never finished. Makes it easy to tailor the power requirements from 80 to 400 watts, probabily I'll stay wih some 150 W. Otherwise, some class D beast.

Mid and tweeter panels have 3 Amp fuses which I would retain, at least as a reference. So it's 36W continuous. Accounting for transients and with some common sense we could go away with some 50-60W amp per panel? (tweeters could make with much less actually).
A stereo amp would make building easier and avoid tonality changes between mid and tw, crossing at the sensitive 2 kHz region. My opinion obviously. I would also rule out class A and tubes, for a number of reasons.

Let's resume it: I should be looking for a DIY solid state AB-class stereo amp 50-60W per channel, to be used in the 300-20000 Hz frequency spectrum (no bass concern then), with three main points:

1) a fairly well documented project. I'm an average general diyer but no EE, so I couldn't enter into deep experimentation or design tweaking.
2) a PCB or kit available. My board etching is very basic up to now, and probably couldn't cope with an amp board.
3) not too complex in build, with no unobtainium and expensive components (in Europe)

Here's the question: surfing the ocean of Diyaudio many interesting options came along, as: Symasym, DX amps, Zenquito, "old" Aksa55, plain gainclones (TDA and LM based) or "boosted" like Myref, then obviously various kit-form and finished class D amps.

Which would you suggest for my case?
Moreover, for some projects like Symasym, DX amps, Zenquito, Aksa55, Myref, I wasn't able to understand if any PCBs are available.

Listening preferences? Classical, jazz, "classic" rock, some electronica, just anything apart from metal.
Desired performance?
Things I care most: involvement, emotion, foot-tapping factor, imaging
Bottom line: reasonably well balanced sound, that is reasonably correct frequency spectrum and timbre fidelity, no need to be surgical
Things I care less: smashing dynamics, "first row at rock concert" effect.

Waiting for your suggestions! Ciao from Italy. :wave:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.