Help with Symasym

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi - I've built a 6 channel symasym for use with a ESP LR4 crossover - worked well and sounded very nice until I tried scoping the left channel outputs of the crossover, at which point for a reason that I do not understand I melted R2 (10 ohm signal ground to power ground) on all three left channel amps - have replaced the resistors and the amps now appears to work perfectly apart from the fact that I have just recieved a shock from the signal input ground and can measure 74v from power -ve and chassis ground and 37v from signal ground and chassis ground - these measurments are all zero on the right channel amps so I obviously have a problem but am now not sure where to look for it. Any help would be welcomed

Richard

Attachments

• symasym_5_3 sch.pdf
    22.1 KB · Views: 121
  • DSC01732a.jpg
    DSC01732a.jpg
    289.8 KB · Views: 325
Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
First things first, test each module in isolation, preferably on the bench with a separate PSU. Then you can work though and eliminate each component as the source of the problem. However, I suspect an earthing problem, something is not tied to ground properly so voltages are floating.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.