hafler dh 220 mono

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I would use a 1 watt metal film. The resistance used is the same as the parallel combination of r25 and r26 (3.3k parallel to 33.3k) They use quarter watt for the 33.3k but 1 watt for the 3.3k . (they do it to make the DC resistance from output to - input 33k for low bias offset, but 3k for ac gain). Resistor for bridging should be same value as feedback resistor, and has to swing the same voltages. Good luck.

220 mono

Hi, it worked out very well, no issues and the power in mono was able to dirve my soundlab m1 speakers pretty well. be sure to mark on the back what you did and how to connect it so the next owner will understand. I went and put a switch in it for easy stereo-mono. I also upped the main caps, bigger current bridge and a heavy duty power switch. I have done many of these this way since the first and all owners were very pleased. be sure to double check the dc off-set and bias when done. Good luck and enjoy!

dh220 parts

Hi, if you have a kit , use it but I had a switch, DPDT, small "L" bracket from home depot to hold it, and a restistor. the wire is nothing special , I had some teflon coated I used and stayed to the color in the hafler schematic. Remember to tilt out the amp boards to get to the points to solder to. also be sure to drain the filter caps before going to work.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.