pc as home media centre need preamp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all first post dont kill me!

I'm on other forums and areas as flez1966 and get about a lot with lots of ongoing projects, some i have finished...

Now, I have a need to build an audio source switch to change between tapedecks/dvd-cd and magnetic cartridge, i need the output to be in the standard 0.75v or 1v area, and this needs to go to a good USB chipset to feed the PC, hopefully same chipset will be of good enough audio to feed my amp, which i want to be 7.1

I found a nice USB2 audio IC with good figures but so far not been able to buy anything with it in, and no big company s going to want to send me 1 IC to play with, and besides, my blowtorch possibly wont solder that small...

so thats what i'm after doing, so i can get my vinyl out of the attic, who wants to throw an idea in the ballpark.

still looking for an amp/design, nothing special, was thinking of using some of the better car audio ic's, and i dont need more than a few watts per channel, very thin walls to the neighbors etc, i dont like to annoy...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.