ON-SEMI njw3281-njw1302

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Last edited:
That's is because they are already much closer matched , both between P/N and as a group (better part - specifically made for audio OP stages).

NJW3281 ??? NJW0281 / NJW0302 are what I get , I see the 3281/1302 as a datasheet ... they are the same thing ??
OS

Last edited:
Sankens are 1-2 hfe difference P-N the 12 I have are also 1-2 Hfe as a group.

NJW's are also close 90+ for PNP 95+ for NPN. Whether you have to match them depends on your Re (emitter resistors). .22R is tolerant of 5+ beta mismatch .47R can do 10 beta mismatch to get below 1mv Re difference between devices.
I buy 25 each of P/N , group them by 4 or 8 P/N channel , making sure each "sex" is within 2-3 beta in the group. My finished amp reads
(P -17/17/16/17mv) and (N-17/18/17/17mv)... good enough for me.

OS

Well, speaking of which, I need to warn you people again regarding counterfeits on ebay. Here are some pics of fake MJL3281/MJL1302 I recently bought from a ebay seller from Hong Kong. Don't ask me why do I bother with ebay cuz it's something I can't explain :eek:. The worst part is that almost all transistors have a collector-emitter breakdown voltage around 195-200 Volts. I said almost cuz one had around 88V ! Then I decided to hammer this one and look....surprise! Am I shocked? No. That's the price when you mess around with unreliable ebay sellers. I'm still thinking about reporting this guy to ebay. Maybe he's also a victim of counterfeits? Well, that's all folks. Btw, here is also a pic of MJL3281 sample directly from ON Semi. The difference is obvious. :(

Fakes:

MOC33.jpg

l2bNC.jpg

Genuine:

mamcT.jpg

answered me there are a lot of fake devices arround the world.

Yea, like we don't know that already. What a smart answer. :rolleyes: Well, at least you got some answer from the manufacturer. I wasn't that lucky. I've sent some pics of opened 2SC3298/2SA1306 transistors to Toshiba asking them to look at them and give me the final verdict. Of course, no answer from them. Maybe I've sent the email to a wrong person or they simply don't want to bother with such things, dunno. So much help from the manufacturer. :cuss: Well, like you guys already mentioned, the best thing is to buy them from an authorized dealer like Digi-Key, Mouser, Farnell etc. The only problem is that they have overrated shipping costs! FFS I don't want to buy 10 transistors and pay $100 USD to FedEx for delivery! It's a rip off :mad:

None of the decent suppliers had stock of 3281 in Nov, so i ordered a few pairs from Aliexpress. Don't know what i was thinking...perhaps that these were too cheap to fake. But no, nothing is too cheap in China.

Attachments

• Original.jpg
    Original.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 270
  • fake.jpg
    fake.jpg
    238.3 KB · Views: 294
  • DSC_1368.jpg
    DSC_1368.jpg
    583 KB · Views: 261
  • Honest business.JPG
    Honest business.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 181
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.