P3A Parts List

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just received the P3A and P39 boards from Rod Elliott. I've been putting together a shopping list for them and the PS here:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc...U1QaFo0ZnpqUWQ5bTRaREE&hl=en&authkey=CJ2i5o0J

Let me know if you see anything incorrect, know of a better part, etc. Will start ordering from it soon. It's still a work in progress (12 PS caps might be over the top, need to add some small items, haven't decided on a case and heatsink(s), etc) but should be fairly complete as-is.

Thanks,
Philippe

Q5 is NPN and should be a MJE15034
C5 should be 100uf 50v
and for D1, 5mm is the outline on PCB for i believe.
I don't think it is necessarily to use mica at c2.

12 PS Caps is just overkill for this amp, 4 10000uf PS caps is more than enough. Elliot states that 4x4700uf is enough...
I would also use 4A fuse for the amp. Ive blown a couple 3A ones running it at +-25v bridged.

if you can use MJL4281A, MJL4302A Pair from onsemi, As Rod states on his articles these have a brilliant SOA, my P3A uses these and they sound absolutely amazing, I also have these on two DX Blame-ST's also, other components are not critical, normal metal film resistors work just fine and also box type Polyester film caps (no need to use Botique components), also as codegen said 12 filter caps are just a waste, 4 x 10000uf is more than ample.

Thanks for catching my error and the suggestions. I updated the spreadsheet. I'm making a dual mono config and also thought that 60000uF per side was over the top. I changed it to a 40000uF PS kit. Am curious as to what type of case and heatsink you used for your project? I have seen 60mm x 70mm AMD processor heatsinks for $2 to $4 on Ebay. Do you think two of them would be enough if I split the boards and built as two separate modules? Also looked at Slot 1 heatsinks and think that some of those might work as well.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.