Cyrus II 120v Transformer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
as I know, the manufacturer was "Holden & Fisher" - the same brand used by Naim Audio.
check out this thread:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/parts/83862-holden-fisher-toroidal-transformers.html

If you need a replacement from currently production, I would prefer follow brands:
Transformers and inductive components by Tauscher
open toroidal transformer
info@tauscher.com
and
Standard Products – Overview Plitron
General technical techinfo@plitron.com
General sales sales@plitron.com

ask there about your wanted parameters and delivering sources for small quantities of standart devices; I don't think, that a custom made torodial device is necessary.

I believe your best bet wound be to buy a parts unit online. They do come by pretty often, it's just a matter of patience.

Since this thread is about the Cyrus II transformer, I was wondering if anyone has this information. I have a Cyrus II that is for 240V mains. Does anyone know if these are convertible for 120V operation? I had a Cyrus II for USA use that had only two wires (black & red) coming out of the transformer primary. Please advise. Thanks.

Carlos

I believe your best bet wound be to buy a parts unit online. They do come by pretty often, it's just a matter of patience.

Since this thread is about the Cyrus II transformer, I was wondering if anyone has this information. I have a Cyrus II that is for 240V mains. Does anyone know if these are convertible for 120V operation? I had a Cyrus II for USA use that had only two wires (black & red) coming out of the transformer primary. Please advise. Thanks.

Carlos

If this helps I did re-wire a Cyrus PSX to 120V from a UK Model, Cyrus had left the dual voltage leads i just had to figure out the wiring

I took the Brown and Black wires coming out from the transformer and wire tied them to the Red wire to the power switch

Then take the Blue and Red wires coming from the transformer and wire tied them to the Brown wire to the power Switch

Then if using the PSX and Cyrus II together you yank out the fuses from the Amp and do not even plug it in to the wall (unless using the phono stage that is)

As far as I can tell the Cyrus II did not have the dual voltage transformers, maybe due to size restraints inside that cramped shell, the PSX has plenty of room.

I plan on getting a 2nd PSX at some time to bi wire / bi amp a pair of Mission Argonaughts to really rock the place

Anthony

Attachments

• IMG_0689 [1024x768].JPG
    IMG_0689 [1024x768].JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_0690 [1024x768].JPG
    IMG_0690 [1024x768].JPG
    137.3 KB · Views: 133
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.