semi finished 7294 + 6n11

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
5543032958_0f5b65aa0a.jpg

well after like 500 welds she is semi finished. i had to hook it up and listen, i am quite impressed by the sound of the amp. i took on the project with very limited budget $100, i didnt expect much with low end components but the amp is very clean and accurate, no distortion at top vol, . my speaker project was 50$ budget, 70's CTS 15's +jensen horns, (speaker stands and super tweeters are still on the shop table to be made) most supplys are used or were found scrap.

well one issue, the amp has a start up buzz that goes away after a min, and when the vol pot is in the half way spot, there was a buzz, that i silenced with, brass pegs on the buffer, but now there is a slight scratchy sound at the mid point of the vol pot, i am sure its not dirty, like a feedback buzz...?

the other issue, with earth ground connected, buzzz, or when i touch chassis, buzzzzzzzzz. little buzzez but buzzez, any ideas or recommendations???? snubber caps?, more brass? isolate power supply?eahhh?

otherwise the amp is dead silent even at top volume.

5542450175_08acd61d4d.jpg

project not finished

Last edited:
no input filter in the circuit (i think)
something like a RC filter? i was hoping the 6n11 buffer would eliminate any need for attenuation, its buzzin.
so i measure dc offset and then i ...? iam lost, after several hours of reading, i cant find a formula or further direction.?

i appreciate the help!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.