DIY quality, custom design-patterns of audio amplifiers - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th March 2011, 03:15 AM   #11
diyAudio Member

If I had a commercial laminator for 100-200$ , "fab in a box" with the thermo- reactive foils for both the tracks and screen sides , I could be my own fab house. With just the primitive Iron and plain toner transfer , myself and MJL (member) seem to get 1-2 mil resolution with no or few pits. The silkscreen is harder , it needs to be white and more durable - thats where the foil/laminator comes in. So for $200-300 , I could become the "factory".

I plan on this ASAP , I'm just a little short of $$. just 2-3 visits to someone elses fab house and I could do it myself with comparable quality.

PS- if I had that stuff , I would do your 6 boards for $60 !!! with at least 95% quality.

OS

Last edited by ostripper; 24th March 2011 at 03:20 AM.
Old 24th March 2011, 08:27 AM   #12
Tarzan is offline Tarzan  Belgium
diyAudio Member

Hoi OS,
Can you tell us a bit more about your Laminator Ideas?
Maybe a new thread on how to diy.
Cheers
Old 24th March 2011, 01:53 PM   #13
mac1257 is offline mac1257  Australia
Banned

Default I've simplified precision headset amplifier, Ro = 32R.

I've simplified precision headset amplifier, Ro = 32R.
Word-precise, it is true. The cheapest thing and Audio
good quality, possible in an easy way to do it yourself.
Attached Images
File Type: gif PhAmpl.GIF (23.6 KB, 116 views)
Old 24th March 2011, 06:41 PM   #14
CBS240 is offline CBS240  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostripper View Post
If I had a commercial laminator for 100-200$ , "fab in a box" with the thermo- reactive foils for both the tracks and screen sides , I could be my own fab house. With just the primitive Iron and plain toner transfer , myself and MJL (member) seem to get 1-2 mil resolution with no or few pits. The silkscreen is harder , it needs to be white and more durable - thats where the foil/laminator comes in. So for $200-300 , I could become the "factory".

I plan on this ASAP , I'm just a little short of $$. just 2-3 visits to someone elses fab house and I could do it myself with comparable quality.

PS- if I had that stuff , I would do your 6 boards for $60 !!! with at least 95% quality.

OS
Wow! That would be a swell set up. With that kind of gig, you could actually make some money to pay for your expensive hobby. I wonder how tricky it would be to make multi-layer PCBs. Those board houses use copper electo-plating as opposed to etching. I suppose you could fill the vias with solder to connect them through the board but buried vias would be tricky. A 4 layer board would be ideal for class D and high speed switching circuits I would think.
Old 24th March 2011, 09:36 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

Can someone please explain to me: 95% quality!
Will you give your customer the money back for the wasted parts and time (assembly and troubleshooting, 100 or more times the value of the boards)?
Even good board houses screw up. What they do after is what makes them great (or not)!
E
Old 24th March 2011, 09:57 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeymoose View Post
Can someone please explain to me: 95% quality!
Will you give your customer the money back for the wasted parts and time (assembly and troubleshooting, 100 or more times the value of the boards)?
Even good board houses screw up. What they do after is what makes them great (or not)!
E
Hopefully the customer would have done his R and D. If what he submitted was accurately reproduced, the assembly and troubleshooting would be his responsibility , as he was responsible for the design initially.

A gerber is a gerber , there can be no error on the physical artwork. The design is another story. Don't submit a design , just completed artwork.
95% quality refers to tinning vs. soldermask ... or no plated through holes. For DIY this is quite sufficient. double sided is also sufficient for DIY. I get away with single sided for most amps. I just sold 2 sets of below (blank , drilled , and perfect) for $30USD a set.
OS
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PB60X2_PHOTO1.jpg (144.4 KB, 81 views)

Last edited by ostripper; 24th March 2011 at 10:04 PM.
Old 25th March 2011, 03:05 AM   #17
Banned

Default The new amplifier design P23W1R

The new amplifier design P23W1R.
Today, with the unit, a new amplifier design P23W1R.
Some people like MOSFET and can afford to experiment and
see what they like to hear.
Attached Images
File Type: gif P23W1R.GIF (9.1 KB, 75 views)
Old 25th March 2011, 11:45 AM   #18
diyAudio Member

this is probably some kind of joke cause i really wonder what is going to happen in these circuitrs if voltage is not 21.8 but 22.6 and for some also reason R16 that is supposed to be 1.855 R actually is 1.856 R .....

am i missing something ???
Old 29th March 2011, 08:14 PM   #19
Banned

Default Re: P23W1R

Re:P23W1R
Attached Images
File Type: gif P23W1R.GIF (8.8 KB, 34 views)
Old 29th March 2011, 08:28 PM   #20
diyAudio Member

These schemas should be more readable. I will see them better if they will be from app like Eagle.

Hide this!Advertise here!