☠ Building a 6 channel amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I do think it is fantastic too.... but this switches on my fears about

the pirates...they should copy as they usually does that.... but the quality will not be the same... chassis will be steel, painel made of plastic and the ligth yellow strips would be made using coloured adhesive tape...heatsinks will be made using that material we have used to produce carburetors body some decades in the past... an alloy... a ligth material filled with air inside..antimonium may be the name..something injected... this is what i fear about art work produced in an open forum.

Transistor, as usual, makes better than factories..... that US quality i could see in the past in some good brand names of products made in USA...now a days, the ones produces fast and cheap are from Asia...i hope they do not watch this art piece dear Transistor have made.

But for sure i could never see that quality, exception in a traditional Italian speaker manufacturer.... transistor should open a factory to offer high end products....would be unbeatable i think...if include Blameless style design inside..then guaranteed world first place.... well...his design has something alike Blameless too.

His work of "marcheteria" maybe marquetry in your language, is something from outer space...lovely..very, very impressive to my eyes.

Wonderfull equipment...art work... my deep congratulations.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Marchetaria.jpg
    Marchetaria.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 493
Last edited:
No details .. but truth

It just feels a little "stuffy" (restrictive) at DIYA. I get that feeling , too. We are all adults here , and can make choices as to what we think is acceptable. He, (MJL)... found things unacceptable and that is his choice. Beware of rumors, as they can get you in deep in the "poo" as well .. careful , careful :eek: . I hold opinions that I would not say as I know they are inappropriate , other opinions that are valid are "politically incorrect" , you must know what is "correct" here.

My concern is that all the more valuable contributers will leave and we will be left with a mix of "snake-oil salesmen" and various high priced commercial interests. :eek:

OS

I could understand your feelings in the second paragraph

And i would like to communicate with you to understand the whole thing, as i have some strange feelings too...can you make the kindness to go to my email, in order to allow me to communicate better with you?... please, let me know what is going on, so i will think about what we can do to fix these things...if we can fix or to find another north for ourselves.

Do not go, please, to forum PM, as we cannot attach audio files..only links are allowable there... if you want a friendly and serious adult conversation about the stuff, go to my email...i would like to open my heart to you about some strange things i have perceived too.... let's check if we understood the same?

John is an important member...we cannot loose him...we, audiophile cannot loose contact with this man..if he will not be here, we need to know where he is going to met him there.

nanabrother@hotmail.com

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
I do think i should be much more stupid than all of you

As i have no idea about you're talking about... Ostripper have not sent me email message to explain...so, i tried to watch my magic cristal ball and i could not see present, past and future this time.

Forum is surviving, much more than that, proved that is a sucessfull management idea...as is continuously growing up in exponential way...all the good ones are or where here...if perfect or not it is an other issue.... well... we are not perfect anyway...so.... it is fair to us.

As stronger it will be, we gonna feel much more the presence of their own needs as a living entity... alike a living being...because they need to survive...if they do not pay their moderators, one day they will have to do that, so...for sure there are interests we can imagine.

DIY folks, i think, was very interesting in the early beginning, to be attractive to the forum..... seems that now a days ( i think ), people that advertise and sell their products is much more important to help forum to pay their costs to keep all that data saved, to have people monitoring in a very close way... as they should do... to avoid people to bother, to mess with the all forum.... as we are fanatics and children in our hobbie..passion drives us mad sometimes...someone must keep the reason alive.

I could not see any sign or disturbance...or maybe some post deleted i could not read...i am really without the understanding about what's going wrong.... well..... transistor have remove himself in the past...maybe he is having another break to breath some fresh air...forum is always strange..as people change....new guys enters..old folks go away...this is like folks....some guys born and other guys die.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
I don't know the story with MJL nor would I attempt to make a guess, but on the generic topic of 'forum life' (since this thread is off topic already I'll just add more to fire) - It's very easy to see how people take things too seriously in this hobby and how people require validation of their ideas and work via this forum at times, and how the anonymous nature of a forum encourages people to behave differently than they would if we were all in the same room together - with the result that people get angry, frustrated, burned out and sometimes disagreeable. Sometimes there isn't enough space around here for the beginner and experimenter to have some fun designing and making something that's clearly less than perfect but what the heck anyway.

Carlos - I do like how your have brought a sense of humour to things at times.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.