Fitting an IR controlled switch for power amps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2010
Paid Member
I have a rack of power amps (pro) in a separate room - i.e. away from my HT room. I want to be able to switch these on/off using my remote from the HT room.

Can I somehow replace the on/off push switches on these amps with an IR type switch? I doubt it's a simple as that and I'm no electronics expert obviously....so what's involved in doing this?

All my other gear in the rack can/is able to be turned on/off by IR switches. Not the power amps however.

Can anyone offer up some advice here? Thanks.

I can think of many ways to go about this.
One is to use a remote x-mas light controller providing that the triac or relay inside the unit can handle the current draw.
If it is a triac it can be easly replaced for a higher current one.
If I had more details I might be able to help you devise something more suiteable to your needs .jer

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Gerald/Nigel - thanks.

I should have provided more info.....

I've got about 6,500 watts of power through 6 x Q66 EV's (2 are bridged for subs) and 2 x Q44 EV's.

So, no single lead here Nigel I'm afraid.... and that would have been the easiest solution for sure.

2 amps for each 10amp outlet is the best set up and that's what I've got. 1 full phase of a 3 phase circuit has been run to the rack.

So, my quest is to find out how I am going to switch on each amp using IR?

Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.