Removing the 100v step up trafo from this amp HELP!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Guy's, I've been scouting the forum for this answer but to no avail. Can anyone tell me how to remove the 100v line step up transformer from this circuit There are 3 primary taps one from each of the 2 transistor banks P1 & P2 and the third is CT and black. There is a 50v 10 Ohm tap, a 100v tap 42 Ohm, and a ground on the secondary and two 0.8 mm wires one black, one grey on the opposite side of the trafo's output taps perhaps for feedback. I would really appreciate powering my speakers direct as the trafo's killing this amps potential. :h_ache:

Short answer - IMHO can't do it. This kind of push pull output requires a transformer to operate. Although its not a tube unit, tube people could tell you more about transformer outputs. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks sregor, absolutely understood. In the end I used the 50v 10R output without a step down at the 8R speakers. Not too sure whether using this function with expensive speakers is a good idea from a safety angle (amp / speakers:hot:) But did it anyway and it sounds awesome from top to bottom so I'm very pleased. Help shedding any light on whether this is problematic long term or short term for that matter would be most useful.:bomb:
Thanks again:)

This amp was intended for PA application, using the 10 ohm tap on the secondary to drive an 8 ohm speaker won't heart a thing. What are you using it for? It would be fun to see a picture.
Super Firechief,
Cheers
Pair_TOA_VP-1240B_211_Valve.gif

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.