MAKO is an hyper power amplifier, able, alike the Mako shark to eat

Status
Not open for further replies.
You look much slimmer, Carlos, far more healthy! Congratulations......

Marry in haste, repent at leisure..... it's a great world, huh?

The sliding power supply is an excellent idea, OS is 100% right. And since you are moving the collector voltage up and down to improve SOAR, you are also reducing output device distortion because Early effect is greatly reduced.

But you still lose efficiency in the up/down converters as they must drop voltage, making it about the same efficiency as a stock AB amp.

Hugh

I might be in over my head, but the down converters look like opto-controlled self- oscillating switchmode (not linear). Efficiency might be much higher.

OS

I have gained 50 kilos when second wife left me

i felt so sad and depressed that i was eating alike a crazy...trying to kill myself eating.

I know Thomas, i do receive your "energies" and your image and name appear in my mind..... i know that Thomas..very well..and sending you too.

Well boys (i am 60 so i can call you this way), don't you think this is a hell complication when we can increase transistors quantity...don't you think this should be a very exagerated solution to save some power transistors?

Part's count is huge... another big board, auxiliary to the supply...all that stuff to increase efficiency....... this is too much complication to my old brain.

regards,

Carlos

Crank you Dx Blame ST or Supercharged full volume

and enjoy Symphonic from Australia.... i am plugged into youtube.

you should do the same if you can.

Speaker crossover is my design and uses 7 bands

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Aussie Symphonic is playing.jpg
    Aussie Symphonic is playing.jpg
    297.9 KB · Views: 560
  • Listening Aussie Symphonic 1.jpg
    Listening Aussie Symphonic 1.jpg
    333.4 KB · Views: 514
I can show you the topologie...but i cannot talk too much about it.

Will use 28 power transistors mounted into the heatsink...thermal compensation Leach style, but using silicon plastic high speed diodes in to220 case.

All sub circuits feeded by CCS for small distortion numbers... THD is around 0.003% at 8 ohms..... and increasing to 0.008% at 1 ohm

Supply will be SMPS dedicated and exclusive design, 20 plus 20 amperes and 75 plus 75 volts....provided by the diysmps forum.

Minimum power will be 260/500/1Kw and 1.9Kw, respectivelly 8/4/2 and 1 ohm loads...distorting you have much more, depending your supply...efficiency is 62 percent and it is a class AB power amplifier able to adjust input sensitivity using a gain trimpot.

Input impedance is around 47K...sensitivity as said, adjustable to ypur needs....this amplifier dos not need preamplifiers and will be a great idea not to use them.

No limiter used, transistors quantity is enough to be safe ...there's anything to save money, all parts sized to face heavy duty.

Well, it can be used mobile, inside a car, but the heatsink will take one third of the rear trunk, the luggage compartment.

Sami asked me 500 watts at 4 ohms....but depending how huge is your supply you can "pump out" more than a kilowatt easy and laughing....distorting can go 2 kilowatts....a real power machine...the powerholics dream...easy 46 volts RMS in the output...and can go higher too....and clipping, injecting DC current you can melt a lot of competition class speakers.

Yes, there are speakers that are able to face 120 volts for 5 minutes long...these ones are good to be used together this amplifier as they will operate not too much hot.

This one will be offered in the diysmps forum, their property, and our Meanman belongs to that forum too..so..he will be the European distributor to the whole world...boards will be provided, i do not know if Sami will provide layout for people etch in their homes..well.... his amplifier his decisions about...my part is to produce and test prototype.

Schematic can be changed in order to increase performance and reliability.

Alike Precision 1 and Troyan, this one is using Electrocompaniet style CCS to the drivers (around 33 miliamperes to each driver)... CCS is feeded by 14 miliamperes and each power ouput will have less than one miliampere crossing it in standby mode.

The sonics?... unbeatable!.... competition will cry.

Despite high power unit, can operate from small supplies..producing 50 watts rms without any trouble, and you also can assemble not using so many output pairs to save some money... the circuit is very tollerant to voltage..from 12 to 100 volts DC, symetrical of course..then it will operate...but safe to 1 ohm is when you will be using 70 plus 70 volts maximum with less than 3 Kilowatt supply to each channel.

Amplifier is not undestructable..if you decide to use more than 70 plus 70 volts and connect the amplifier to crazy loads (1 ohms with reactance), them you will have it destroyed..also if you short the output during full power operation..if protection or fuse does not melt..then you will have melted output trainees.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• MAKO final schematic for advert.pdf
    22.4 KB · Views: 454
Last edited:
I am still adjusting my dear friend...but may be in between 20 to 45 miliamperes

...they gonna be feeded by two separated CCS, two transistor CCS using series resistance in the output to increase the sonics (ahahahah, not to cancel the CCS main advantage..a little sabotage only).

Today i have received gift from Renatovsky Kalishinikova Kaput Stalingrad .... the picture shows some gifts and one more MAKO prototype on the run.

Fenolite boards are 8 inches by 6 inches.... 1.6 Brazilian Reais value is 1 USD.... so, each board cost was 3 USD... small pot is thermal grease, the white one....good gift... tubes are heatschrink tubes...the rest is obvious... you see..cheap gift but very usefull to uncle charlie.

The board partially assembled is one MAKO prototype...but i am doing it slowly as i am having pains in my kidney..the hell stone is still there bothering a lot...i use to apply injections in my bely, legs and everywhere, from 3 to 3 hours to control the pain.... the pain is so big that i cannot feel injections...sometimes if forget and walk with injection still applied into my upper leg....pain is to cry or scream...i control myself saying ship and other words as in my culture man is not allowable to cry... the word ship, if you can understand the real meaning, may be because pain is alike a ship smashing us.;)

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• A gift arrived.jpg
    A gift arrived.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 503
Last edited:
Already broken by laser and also ultrasound

And this is the result..now small fragments of broken stones are leaving the kidney entering very sensitive parts before will be out from my body.... they stuck into sensitive parts and if not moving results in extreme pain.

I wish these where diamonds..so many i put out that i would be rich now a days....original stone had more than one inch diameter..now i have hundreds of small stones passing through the system.

Now a days i perceive would be better not to touch them...i had no pain or troubles before i decide to mess with that thing.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
MAKO was tested at 350 Watts RMS - 4 ohms

I have to test it at 500 Watts RMS - 4 ohms and distortion smaller (THD) than 0.004%.

You see, wiring is the most crazy possible...length is too much.... wires too much close one to the other... long wires interconnecting drivers bases ...all crazy things done and no oscilation or signal of unstability....so.... passed this way will be super stable in a decent pcboard Alex mm will produce.

I will install another supply in paralel...maybe another transformer only..to be able to check it at 500 watts continuously...because short therm peaks i already have.

The real amplifier will have 12 pairs in the output...all them huge transistors and heatsink will be at least twice the size you see... also fan blower will be used as auxiliary cooling system.

This will turn the amplifier able to face very low impedance loads..and supply may be a SMPS ...a 7 Kilowatts supply or two 3.5 kilowatts units

Well...this is for monster users... as they can install a very low impedance in the output (several speakers) and the amplifier must survive.

I am slowly building as i am busy... having students learning audio electronics inside my home everyday.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• 350W tested.jpg
    350W tested.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 434
  • Luca Student (1).jpg
    Luca Student (1).jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 402
  • Luca Student (2).jpg
    Luca Student (2).jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 376
Last edited:
This will turn the amplifier able to face very low impedance loads..and supply may be a SMPS ...a 7 Kilowatts supply or two 3.5 kilowatts units

regards,

Carlos

This is very frighting. Suggesting that living quarters in U.S.A homes might have to tolerate a 7KW load. Typical service is at 15A or 20A which does not come even close to 3.5KW. I am afraid that somebody is going die or burn their home down with this irresponsible design. STAY AWAY !!!

ME ME ME

Please, read the thread dear Ostry, uncle charlie is not searching for designs, was sold my prototype....to sell something it must first be yours, so, your schematic does not fit the main condition that should be mine from the scratch....i can accept sugestions in sub circuits only, i cannot sell your schematic...i have elected mine one to sell...obviously.

regards,

Carlos

Sick person engaging in self serving behaviour. MINE... MINE... MINE and SELL... SELL... SELL. It is about the Profit and no monetary contribution to support this site. It is clear that the Member area is being used for a Commercial purpose.

Careful what we say here , DIYA is ALL commercial. DIY'ers only have the choice between "snake oil" , EBAY or Carlo's. The smaller DX's are alright , but this one really needs refinement. For example ..Now, I won't go beyond 3 pair BJT without a decent output stage (triple). It is a shame that the best circuits (Dr. bora , Roender's) are not far more popular builds. Real and proper engineering is hard to find.

OS

Status
Not open for further replies.