220uf25v to 220uf35v

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
No harm replacing with a higher rated one that's provided the pcb has enough space and my recent read up on supercapacitors ( bestcap by AVX) research shows maximum charge efficiency at 35V, any higher and it becomes lower proportionate to capacity.

Nichicon fine gold has been marketed
as audio grade but I have not noticed any significant "upgrade" in sound quality ,same with the muse.It is a case of does it have substance with the said packaging? It's like an audio makeover if you have them in your circuits.:D singa

I have had wonderful results with the Panasonic industrial lineup of electrolytics. Most are economical , VERY durable , and have the qualities that my audio requires.

Aluminum Electrolytic Capacitor | Passive & Electromechanical | Panasonic Industrial Solutions Global

I use FM/FR for DC blocking/bootstrap/small power supply, and HC
for large PS's. For input's and decoupling all wima/Xicon poly's. MTBF is 10-20 years with a healthy derating. I have seen Nichicon (another good brand Japanese capacitor) large PS caps go the full 20 years to read just marginal on a ESR meter. BEWARE of chinese "offbrand" caps , most video cards (pc stuff) lasts only 18 months , then I have to replace them w/ the panasonics :( :smash: argggg!!

OS

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.