DIAMOND DIFFERENTIAL INPUT POWER AMPLIFIER EBay kit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is very true, Forr,

This particular amp has two patents (self regulating VAS current and something else if I remember correctly) but the drawback was that this amp (and possibly other Sansui amps as well) operated on the verge of stability. I never had any Sansui equipment and I am not really familiar with their designs. Simply when I saw this kit on EBay I decided to check the net for similar designs before deciding whether to buy it or not and found this Sansui.

cheers,

At last.:)...the amp is finished....sounds great...had some problems with fake devices..sorry for the delay.

Attachments

• DSC01054.jpg
    DSC01054.jpg
    269.6 KB · Views: 1,220
  • DSC01058.jpg
    DSC01058.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 1,127
  • DSC01062.jpg
    DSC01062.jpg
    288.7 KB · Views: 1,011
Fakes were output devices (ON-Semi NJW3281...)...the emitter resistors bad quality too...once replaced the unit works fine..two buyers are available: Tubeshunter and Jimsaudio..Tubeshunter don´t send any information..and the boards are different too from different suppliers...Good luck.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.