Alternative topologies

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yes both OP devices cut-off for a period of time (Class C) implies a floating node end at the load ('infinite' impedance, maybe several KOHM's), if there is any reactive energy stored by the load will raise a big voltage transient that may reach the FB path if not properly isolated from the load.

You are talking some other amp. My output devices deliberately never turn off.
Schottkys can turn off, but they aren't output devices, only square law shapers...
There is no class C anywhere within a slightly underbiased Schottky crossing.
Underbias will force both halves to ride an ideal curve through said crossing.

Somehow you have missed the entire point why quiescent should bypass the
load. That no misbehaving load event can ever shut down devices that glitch.

My topology has its own set of technical difficulties, sure. But the problem you
just illustrated thankfully isn't one of them.

You are talking some other amp. ....

I was not talking about your amp, certainly isn't a critique of your design, we were talking about different issues, you stated correctly about the independence of quiescent current/load current in general, I was talking of a potential problem that may arise within the cross over region (EF outputs) when the quiescent current is underbiased (deep Class B) at real load condition, a transient, regardless the design.

Cheers
Arturo

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.