Help debugging a Sonus Faber Musica

Hi all,

I need some help debugging a Sonus Faber Musica amplifier. I have the service manual (attached). I followed the instructions for setting DC offset and all worked fine. When I tried to set the quiescent voltage per the instruction on page 4, the left channel was not a problem and with the right channel no matter how much I turn the pot the voltage measired stays at 0mv.
The amplifier works and both channels play music although the right side of the heatsink where the output mosfets for the right channel are localted does not heat up as much under normal operation. I assume this is due to low bias current on that channel.

Can anyone assist in what could be the problem?

Service manual Musica (1).pdf - Windows Live

Thanks
ronenash.

hi did you get your problem sorted out ,i am in n.ireland and our main hifi engineer is working on a sonus faber musica he may be able to help .
we are having trouble getting a schematic as surface mount resistors are damaged and absolute sounds the distributor wont help if you could help maybe we can help you in return

hi could anyone advise how we could get a schematic as absolute sounds says return amp to them -maybe we could source a schematic from some other source -there are a few surface mount resistors damaged and we need a little help or maybe advice -i heard audio analogue may have had something to do with the production of the musica many thanks for now

Hi all,

I need some help debugging a Sonus Faber Musica amplifier. I have the service manual (attached). I followed the instructions for setting DC offset and all worked fine. When I tried to set the quiescent voltage per the instruction on page 4, the left channel was not a problem and with the right channel no matter how much I turn the pot the voltage measired stays at 0mv.
The amplifier works and both channels play music although the right side of the heatsink where the output mosfets for the right channel are localted does not heat up as much under normal operation. I assume this is due to low bias current on that channel.

Thanks
ronenash.

Hello

Your service manual pdf file are not working, I've try to open it and there is an error message from my Adobe Reader.

Bye

Gaetan

Hi all,

Thanks
ronenash.
Please please send me the service manual The link doesn't work