Pioneer A-757

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello Everyone!
I have a Pioneer a-757 amp, which is my favorite, I have it for a really long time, and never had any problems with it (it's been through quite a rough time). Unfortunately it started to take longer and longer time to start up, and now it's just won't come alive. I's turning on, the led is on, and it's getting warm as well, I took some measurement and it's quite same as on the schematics, it's just the speaker protector relays won't switch. (Once it did, when I turned the phono eq on, and it turned off when I turned it off ... strange). Does anyone can give me some advice what to look for?

After a lot of measuring I found it to be a 3,3uF cap on the board below the transformers.
C611, mine had trouble switching the relays and when they switched the buzzed.
If it in your case is the "timer circuit" that has a problem the caps are around the center of the main amplifier board.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.