Parallel jfet question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
In paralleling a couple of jfets how close do they need to match. Taking
the jfet BOZ for example if I wanted to run a pair of 170's in parallel instead of one jfet would I just match for idsa withen a ma or so. I have
something compleatly different I am just refering to this circuite as an example.

Attachments

• n-pass_2sk170-boz_1.png
    n-pass_2sk170-boz_1.png
    8 KB · Views: 735
In such a configuration matching is not critical as it only determines current sharing amongst the transistors; the paralleled transistor will effectively form a single transistor with higher Idss, matched or not. Just use an individual 10r source resistor for each transistor and you're fine.

Matching is important for differential pairs as this will affect DC offset, drift and CMRR/PSRR. But that's not what we have here.

Samuel

In such a configuration matching is not critical as it only determines current sharing amongst the transistors; the paralleled transistor will effectively form a single transistor with higher Idss, matched or not. Just use an individual 10r source resistor for each transistor and you're fine.

Matching is important for differential pairs as this will affect DC offset, drift and CMRR/PSRR. But that's not what we have here.

Samuel

In paralleling a couple of jfets how close do they need to match. Taking
the jfet BOZ for example if I wanted to run a pair of 170's in parallel instead of one jfet would I just match for idsa withen a ma or so. I have
something compleatly different I am just refering to this circuite as an example.

Hi Woody, its been a while for your posts, its just now that I am stuck with a situation where I need to use matched JFET's P channel LSK J74 and N channel LSK170's...I have been adviced to use parallel 2 of N JFET's to match 1 of P channel ....wanted to check if your endeavour was successful?? Any inputs will be helpful

Cheers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.