Lux Corp s505 revival

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

I have a rather old Luxman Corp. s505 amp that I would like to bring back to life. Please be warned my electrical knowledge is not fantastic! If anyone has any more information on it that would be great.

I received it with a blown fuse, once replaced it blew again pretty much straight away and there was a fair amount of smoke coming from the area of the black cylinder with the ohm sign (some type of resistor?). Could anyone please help shed some light on if I can replace it and if so, where I could find something like that!

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...on/Lux%20s505/

Thanks!

Leon

But, your link says page not found. Most blowing fuses caused by failure power devices, they could be transformer, power diodes (bridge), power transistors, or shorted cables or traces. You may check them out by using low voltage source (3.3V), and find out the warmed devices.

The output transistor may broken. Replace it with equal transistor, and readjust the bias if necessary. Looks difficult to find the original, may be two of C1061 with proper Rbe to get close gain and readjust the bias, C1061 has been used in the same way by similar amplifiers. Or may be other transistors.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Almost certainly failed output transistors. Also probably driver transistors being damaged in the process together with perhaps other small components in the immediate area of circuitry.

Would have to see a circuit diagram...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.