Input selector...??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have yet to find a way to switch.. amplifier inputs without terribly degrading the sound..
Seems like the manual rotary switch sounds better than any relay i have tried...but is no so piratical to get working with a remote...does seem like mechanics in the signal path is not too beneficial...

I have then thought about using a jets as a switch and place the amplifier input impedance outside the Jfet switch..

any takers on the pros and cons of this arrangement..??

will there be any thumbs when switching inputs...or can this be solved by slowly rising the switch voltage..??

Hi MiiB,

I had the same problem, anyway i prefer relays (good quality audio relays). I found them when i was working in TV station. (spare parts for mixete designed from Rupert Neve). Im very satisfied.
Anyway, now i have a problem with volume atenuator, i was trying to do some DIY atenuator..still not satisfied.
I would not use any active element for switching inputs, so im not recomending it to you.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
]

Remote decoder used, the best I have come across, the guy deserves much credit for the code and implementation.
FPRC5RX - DIY learning IR decoder

our unit (lcduino-1) also has learning IR. and lcd and user settable port names and a gui inside to let you set various things all at runtime with cursors and stuff ;)

the arduino code I use also can recognize and store sony, philips, nec IR codes.

we will be showing it at this weekends headfi event in the bay area. come by if you are local and we can demo it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.