Marantz illumination - where to find? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th July 2003, 03:36 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Marantz illumination - where to find?

well, #2 son picked up a Marantz 2250B in the garbage at Boston College -- was apparently owned by a smoker -- which was readily fixed with some isopropyl alcohol -- problem is that the illumination for the tuner dial suffers from blown bulbs -- these look like a standard 3AG fuse with a spiral element -- from those I was able to examine, the current drawn is about 130mA, voltage across each is about 7 V. The only marking on the bulb is F8V.

Does anyone know of replacements. If not I will put in a string of alternating white and orange LED's to emulate the nice glow of the lamps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg marantz1.jpg (40.0 KB, 349 views)
Old 27th July 2003, 04:05 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

you could use automotive lamps....the same ones that they use in dome and courtesy interior lights

DIRT
Old 27th July 2003, 04:15 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

I believe that these lamps are available on ebay all of the time.

Another avenue is:

http://www.classic-audio.com/marantz/mindex.html

I was sure I saw a link somewhere for these. You'll have to browse around.
Old 27th July 2003, 04:19 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Here it is.

http://www.classic-audio.com/marantz/mtips.html
Old 27th July 2003, 04:22 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Try "All Electronics" in CA. 8V 250mA AGC fuse-type lamp 75 cents / ea. The originals are 200mA... No big deal.

www.alleleltronics.com

Alternately, there are a few people selling the 250mA lamps on ebay in sets of 5 or 6 for $7 to $12 !

Very lucky find! I found a Marantz 115B tuner and 1150 integrated amplifier together in the dumpster at my old apartment a few years ago. Cleaned pots, replaced lamps... worked fine and I use them almost daily in the garage. It's amazing and sickening what gets tossed in the trash!

BTW: 12-Volt auto lamps run HOT and can easily melt plastic. I have an original Marantz 3-1/2" meter that suffered from this.

Good Luck!
-Jim
Old 27th July 2003, 08:38 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Here in Suburban NJ (Whitelandia) I used to go to the dump every Saturday morning with the kids -- some people go to deposit, others to withdraw --

we also have a Fisher tube receiver, 2 CD players, a pair of KLH speakers etc., and a Kitchen-Aid mixer, Cannondale bike frame, complete set of Cliffs Notes etc. Regrettably, they don't let you rummage anymore -- to many folks like us selling the stuff on EBay.

we also found many old Collins and Bendix Avionics radios at the airport dumpster.
Old 28th July 2003, 03:35 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Dumpster diving rules.
A friend of mine once found a Pioneer sx950 and a Radio Crap CD player in someones trash. I fixed both, kept the pioneer and gave him back the CD player, and we were both very happy.
I still have the Pioneer. Except for Mr Pass, they don't make 'em like that anymore.
Old 28th July 2003, 05:58 AM   #8
karma is offline karma  Canada
diyAudio Member

i needed bulbs for a reciever i got off of e-bay. found them at
radio shack cheap to...
Old 28th July 2003, 05:59 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

i needed bulbs for a reciever i got off of e-bay. found them at
radio shack cheap tox_Vao"7Lsj%`KP- 4QI8-w7kX+m ޱ Kғ"ڞyy<&x;DC݌]|gfSՆ$bpz7'Asn)I{f^ʶ *eFBrn_s dZ y]/ IUA" M ڗp*IDmY~_ Y}>k{4o4yI4s$=UI- %z>j?Qv?×7'O(0nMƓ_¨u" ʤe4t8F38z|߁?LIAdׯ(_SRWsC Q&u^9@]>=*H_FOnhd>liðJ9[ɄΊ:5ry%fkjYp L|XiB48 Bߍ_ q( Iή'(DAaHD6{ j| YM³51JcT:Ӊ#8=$M%-xxjUx;ؙ  <ލvw=uVA(V}ԀǨGy%4VI5h ؤ;hx I<6=mg>އ/snaH]ԉS4tx`'UN:''vZOlX3g&2ʖ -R;T_< 0HB9W%IX%~x~%KISiib;)v\P , vdFc!wyi8Lë́x/=L%B‰R]XxUo<[ª`bqb8^9^3ҙ5z:@ҜLiI4"dD &܌}.Pqn0ʘ2Wyƶ02AF@C딩 -*"[d# X8"ouڕQ m~B ]E+; ˨6}] ۃyoC(T~@y%!TY_">F V Q =O׶pl Ԗ[...
Old 28th July 2003, 06:00 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

what the

Hide this!Advertise here!