Parallel G Clones

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'v got a real simple question.
Will the circuit below work, and what is the a maximum number of chips that can be added (power suppy allowing)?

It should be able to drive 4ohm speakers without problems, right?

Thanks

Attachments

• parallel gc.jpg
    parallel gc.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 246
Paralleling chips doesn't really increase power. However, when chips are paralleled, they'll share the load and you'll be able to drive more easily low impedance speakers.

By example, when 2 chips are paralleled to drive 4 ohms speakers, each of them will "think" that an 8 ohms speaker is connected.

If you want more power, try the Bridged + Paralleled schematic.

Hope this helps !

I can't guarantee you that you'll get 100 Watts (depending of your IC) but I'm certain that you'll have no problems driving 4 ohms load.

By the way, the schematic you posted is very similar to the one provided by National Semiconductors in their application note :
http://www.national.com/an/AN/AN-1192.pdf

Take a look at the schematic "PA-100" (Parallel, 100Watts)

If I'm correct, the schematic you posted is based on the Bridged + Parallel configuration found on this forum right ?

In the application Note, you'll find several combinations such as :
BR-100 (Bridged 100W)
PA-100 (Paralleled 100W)
BPA-200 (Bridge + Parallel 200W)

You have the choice !

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.