Tivoli Model ONE vs. KLH Model TWENTY ONE - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th December 2011, 07:25 AM   #11
diyAudio Member

Hello,
Before I start monkeying around with my sister's Tivoli Model One radio, I waas wondering if this is something as simple as an internal fuse that can be bad. The unit will not power on.
Thanks for any advice.
Jim
Old 15th January 2012, 11:20 AM   #12
diyAudio Member

Default Tivoli One: hiss and bad volume control

Has anyone found a schematic of the Tivoli type One?

Can't find it anywhere. Problem is hiss and bad volume control for low volume. Seems to be too much gain in the pre-amp.

I found this old thread: Tivoli Radio Hiss (Amplifier gain issue?) - AudioKarma.org Home Audio Stereo Discussion Forums with a solution by skittelsen. He decreased the gain of the preamp by changing the feedback resistor. He changed two channels, maybe in a model Two. The described components are not the same (R37) and not to be found (R41) in my One .
So I'm looking for the right feedback resistor. Found two op-amps N5532.
Old 30th July 2012, 06:23 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Exclamation Tivoli type PAL

Tivoli Model PAL.
I need the schematic of Tivoli Model PAL.
Also a parts list or a description of especially the OFF/FM/AM switch, which has worn contacts, making the PAL unstable in the FM pos.
Who can help?
Old 30th July 2012, 11:17 PM   #14
tvrgeek is offline tvrgeek  United States
diyAudio Member

Table radio: Sony HD tuner with a nice little Gainclone and something like a TB or Mark audio 4 inch full range. A little bigger than the Cambridge though. A lot less money than that curved plastic fantastic. No one mandated a table radio to sound , well like a table radio.
Old 21st November 2012, 09:38 AM   #15
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by panxtiv View Post
Sorry for the IC indicated , the correct IC used in the radio is Philips TEA5711T
http:// http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/data...s/TEA5711T.pdf

The real schema is not corresponding to the application note from this IC , being used one specific circuit for the RF front end with one dual gate FET ( U72 ) and other components ( SC 1359, 2N 3904, 2N 3906 ...)
With only FM , the radio is working very well with a new air variable capacitor -using one section- ( 10-30 pF), but in any case the modification is critical.
Great work - but very effortful.
I am looking for an easy method to remove the good known shortcomings/deficiencies (my post #2). This means the necessity of variable cap and volume control potentiometers, which have identical outline, but high quality, reliability and livetime.

Which parts I must order?

Thanks for advices in advance.

BTW - there are more threads in this case:
Help me identify the damage. Tivoli Model 1
drivers used in Tivoli Model one ?
Tivoli Model One - Internal fuse?
Tivoli Model One - Supply overvoltage, where to look for repair

Last edited by tiefbassuebertr; 21st November 2012 at 09:40 AM.
Old 21st November 2012, 08:06 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

the kind of workmanship (partly cheap hot glue sealing at the component side) for me is absolutely poor and shoddy (cheap solid state radios from the 70s "Made in Taiwan" and "Made in Hongkong" showed here already significantly better standards).
In the attachment more images from the interiors.
Here more URLs, among other things for a conversion from 110VAC U.S. devices to 230VAC and circuit description:

Harry's radio's: september 2012 (include schematic)
Christians Homepage: Radioumbau, Quellenumschalter uvm.
Herculodge: Brian Pits His Sangean WR-11 Against His WR-1 and Tivoli Model One
Table Radio "Shootout" - Old Zenith vs. Tivoli One - AudioKarma.org Home Audio Stereo Discussion Forums

Who knows the name of the factory in China ??
Maybe to find here:
http://hkbbs.leowood.net:88/mini_rea...ty=0&ClassID=1
perhaps one of the members from this country would translate this for us.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tivoli Model ONE inside-I.JPG (84.5 KB, 279 views)
File Type: jpg Tivoli Model ONE inside-II.JPG (70.0 KB, 269 views)
File Type: jpg Tivoli Model ONE inside-III TDA7266.JPG (58.9 KB, 266 views)
File Type: jpg Tivoli Model ONE inside-IV.JPG (82.4 KB, 263 views)
File Type: jpg Tivoli Model ONE inside-V.JPG (69.0 KB, 259 views)
File Type: jpg Tivoli Model ONE inside-VI.JPG (48.8 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg Tivoli Model ONE inside-VII.JPG (83.3 KB, 103 views)
File Type: png Tivoli PAL schematic.png (19.0 KB, 166 views)
File Type: jpg Tivoli TEA5711T high resolution.jpg (442.9 KB, 150 views)
File Type: jpg Tivoli Model ONE upgrade from claessonedwards.com.jpg (455.8 KB, 105 views)

Last edited by tiefbassuebertr; 21st November 2012 at 08:33 PM.
Old 11th December 2012, 09:01 AM   #17
diyAudio Member

No news?

CONSUMER ELECTRONICS REVIEW
Kloss Model One vs CSW Model 88 & Bose Wave
Geek.com Consumer Electronics Review: Table Radio Showdown: Kloss Model One, CSW Model 88, Bose Wave
Old 29th December 2012, 02:42 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

Dear TiefBassUbuertr,
I have Model One radio and observe the same problem as panxtiv described. The variable capacitor seem to be faulty and FM tuning is nightmare.
Can you please advise the part number for the original capacitor? or at least the range of capacity so I can find the corrsponding replacement (I dont want to remove the original one before I dont have the exact replacement - so the down time of the radio can be as short as re-soldering of the capacitor.
Thank you in advance
Old 7th February 2013, 09:54 AM   #19
diyAudio Member

Hello to everybody,
I (from Germany) have the common trouble with the variable capacitor in my Tivoli-Two (stereo version). It makes the well-known noise after a couple of years probably caused by dust. Several times I was successful in repairing by dealing it with tuner spray. But now it is not possible anymore. On top of everything (after the last treatment with tuner spray) the (four-legged) FET (U72) has been damaged. I would be very thankful if anybody can help me with 1.) the general markings of these components, 2.) the data, or 3.) a distributor
Many thanks for any help in advance!
Wolfgang
Old 7th February 2013, 03:08 PM   #20
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusya View Post
Dear TiefBassUbuertr,
I have Model One radio and observe the same problem as panxtiv described. The variable capacitor seem to be faulty and FM tuning is nightmare.
Can you please advise the part number for the original capacitor? or at least the range of capacity so I can find the corrsponding replacement (I dont want to remove the original one before I dont have the exact replacement - so the down time of the radio can be as short as re-soldering of the capacitor.
Thank you in advance
The part number for the original variable capacitor is only to receive from the (me unknown) manufacturer in China. The German distributor inform me, that only the whole radio PCB exist as replacement part.
Disadvantage is here, that the same unwanted effects while fm tuning rises up after a short time of use.

Hide this!Advertise here!