Kilowatt, a nice 500W schematic for you!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi hugobross,
Is the actual schematic used to produce the board available?, when I compare the schematic shown with the board, there seems to be a difference on the input, and the transistor numbers dont correspond with the schematic.
I would like to see what was used to create the board so that I can see if there are any other discrepancies between the board and the schematic.

DieterD

Re: Amp PCB design

carlmart said:
That is filling in as much copper as possible, particularly in high current places.

Is there anything against designing pcbs like this?

Carlos [/B]

The reason why commercial PCB's normally don't fill with solid copper is because running the PCB through a wave solder machine can warp the board if there is that much copper on the solder side. If you are hand soldering then there is no reason not to leave lots of copper on the board. When I need a lot of copper on a PCB I will normally use cross-hatching instead. This gives you simular results without the heat induced warping problems during wave soldering.

Phil

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.