My best sound amplifier of these last 20 years

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The web page of this project has been update with more info.

Hybrid Amplifier by Andrea Ciuffoli

After 3 different listen sections on the prototype with different friends I can confirm that this amplifier is superior to my 813/GM70 SE, Hybrid 2010, PP2010 and New Class D.

The propagation speed of sound is terrible and attracts and involves everyone who hears.

The level of details is extreme and never is present a listening fatigue.

It is very difficult return to ear any other amplifier after these listen tests.

I suggest it to any DIY in any version, with 5842 or 6C45, with CLR power supply or simple and with any type of mosfet suggested.

You can build it also with surplus components and the unique "big" cost will be the interstage transformers Lundahl LL1671.

I will continue to develop this project in this year and I am selling all the other amplifiers at low cost.

Simple two choke in parallel give 1/4 of their inductance value so if the metal resistor have some parasite inductance this will be reduced.

In theory the opposite phase can cancel some electromagnetic field.

Many years ago the proprietary of a famous company told me this idea and he have compare it to Caddock.

I'm not so sure about the "antiparallel" resistors. The magnetic coupling between resistors is very small because there is no magnetic core. Truly, the equivalent inductance would reduce as L/N (L is the inductance of a single resistor and N the number of resistor), but soldering them along opposite directions isn't important. I also doubt whether parasitic inductance could be important in resistor of some hundreds ohms

Something odd I saw about the PSU, you simed putting a small C as first then L then larger C... Go look what happens when you swap the capacitor banks to have large C value first, also look up some actual ESL values to plug in, from capacitor datasheets.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.