Help wanted for Le Monstre mod to 20W

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello to everybody , after setting a MONSTER power supply for the original schema i would like use it for a second pair of BASS dedicated circuit.

I need help and suggestion about what and how modify on the original schema in order to have ( using the same input and drive component and simple circuit) a power section able to obtai 20W / 8 ohm if necessary in AB class .

Thanks for your help and suggestion

Hello to everybody , after setting a MONSTER power supply for the original schema i would like use it for a second pair of BASS dedicated circuit.

I need help and suggestion about what and how modify on the original schema in order to have ( using the same input and drive component and simple circuit) a power section able to obtai 20W / 8 ohm if necessary in AB class .
Thanks for your help and suggestion

What means "BASS dedicated" ? Please let me know the bandwide resp. turnover frequency to the midrange.
Below approximately 200HZ until 500 Hz and steep at least 24 db/oct high quiescent current through the output power stage isn't necessary (Class AB with 30 mA is enough without disadvantages). When only two way system is in use with turnover frequency above 500 Hz (e. g. between 1500Hz and 5000 Hz), then you need Class A in all cases, but not necessarily more power output.

For give you more exactly hints, we need the types/models of your loudspeaker driver chassis (transducers) and your crossover network schema.

Last edited:
The power supply i have is a regulated one and followed by L C L C almost 3 farad Capacitance and with 250uF every rail for every channel of MKP capacitance.
I want make a 3 way system with Altec 420A ( 38cm in 120litres closed enclosure) until 350 Hz , Altec 421A at dipole from 350 until 2500 Hz and finally Ess AMT1 ribbon tweeter from 2500 to the high end frequency. For the mid and the tweeters i want use the simple 8W schema , for the bass until 350 i think more power and even class AB could be a benefit. This must use the same 12V pos and neg of the original schema. I am expecting help to set up a double set of final transistors with relative change of the idle current. Thanks for your help .

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.