Unclephase...based into Accuphase E202

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Because these guys are studying the subject.... search here all papers and 1950's references...very old my new circuit (hehehehehe):

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/165130-curious-extra-knob-trans-amp.html

Well folks..while they discuss...the Corporation will be working to test and listen ....and to see, if this is really something interesting or not.

Resulting fine, then you gonna have instructions to incorporate it to the best wide world finest superb audio amplifier ever made (Dx Blame series)...not resulting fine i will inform you soon and we gonna be reading these papers to understand more deeply the subject.

I will listen...this is what i can do..and what i know to do my best...this i can understand... and soon i will inform if we "can dance" with this thing.... we gonna see if this "rocks"

Your best uncle.

Charlie

Attachments

• Accuphase E202.jpg
    Accuphase E202.jpg
    264.2 KB · Views: 365
  • DSC02367.jpg
    DSC02367.jpg
    465.2 KB · Views: 354
Last edited:
Doing many things same time Ontoaba...i will do it..but not in a hurry

The girl is my daugther, she is co-designer...since she had 8 years she asked me to teach her...she can design two stages, direct coupled, Dc coupled..using ohms law..she is a part of the Dx Corporation.... the Union of good and friendly audiophiles.

I will do it...but i have any kind of hope about it Ontoaba....and do you know why?... because people is clever.... this idea is around since the fifties..and this was not installed in high level audiophile equipment.... if it was not installed is because has problems...because cannot be so good as we wish....Accuphase was the one tried (Unclephase)...we cannot see the approach widely used.... this looks something not fine...Mathematically this seems to be nice...but must sound good too...as amplifier are made for human ears, not for testing instruments, meters or analisers.

I will do it, of course, but not iso fast...i am building a Compressor/Limiter to use together my Satelite Television receiver....too much fluctuations of audio level..when advertising enters, the hell thing screams ltoo much loud, so, i have to limit and to amplify low level too.

I am building 4 stereos also.... 2 stereos of Dx Blame ST and 2 stereos of Dx Blame Supercharged...this is for my family...it is not for sale.

Also i am working with a three band line level crossover using TL072A.

Also producing Radio Frequency amplifier to remove from the air two neighboors (they listen different frequency of religious fanatics talking loud, screaming and so on).... they will listen, but will have to be 1 mile distant from me..i will put two powerfull carriers with hissing noise into these frequencies.... Radio Frequency police cannot catch me... Radio Goniometers (track radio signals) are deactivated (I know the guy... he is a Radio amateur alike me)...my antenna will be internal..radio frequency is invisible , so... fanatics will not bother anymore.

Well...also producing interesting peak meter with hold function.... also a preamplifier to my daugther... and also a portable guitar amplifier to her.

You see it is in the priority list (hope's list) in the last position.

Dx Corporation is not a real corporation..it is a family corporation...a group of friends...so... dogs, cats, bicicle, automobiles, daugther, wifes, amplifiers, transistors..all that stuff is life...we love life..and we celebrate that....by the way...alike you... we like girls too and we love to dance (when the amplifier playing is really good)

In a month or two...maybe.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Animated Chicken dance.gif
    Animated Chicken dance.gif
    16.8 KB · Views: 277
Last edited:
That situation is often happen.
Your co-designer, .. may help you for one or two projects.

There are many disagreement about DF, don't be hasty in this also for your projects. I am finished my compressor for about a half year.
Lets start with people comments from google search.. don't be so serious at their comments because they are not designing power amplifiers.

1.Gadget's comments:
Live Sound: The Relationship Between Amplifier Damping Factor, Impedance & Cable - Pro Sound Web

2.This could be example of useless measurements way that we could avoid at future:
http://documents.jordan-usa.com/Fam...ping-Factor-and-Damn-Nonsense-Floyd-Toole.pdf

3.Example of user comments:
Importance of high Damping Factor in high-end power amp? - AudioKarma.org Home Audio Stereo Discussion Forums

4.Example of factory comments:
http://media.qscaudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2534

5.My first measurement from simulation showing frequency response differences(see attachement)

No, I am not dancing. I rather playing plantsVSzomies than dancing, there are Jackozombie with his girls dancing, and I throw them with watermelons on their heads:D. Funny games.

Also you don't need to make illegal radiostation, just obey your government rules and they may nice to you if you obey their rules.. And your neighbors, disturbing neighbors isn't allowed. Give them foods, yeah, looks funny, but it working fine.

Attachments

• Load characteristics.PNG
    Load characteristics.PNG
    21.8 KB · Views: 252
I am searching again for more article or comments, but I find no useful reference.
Just another:
Amp damping factor? [Archive] - SH Forums

I will introduce here, simple about DF, actually it is not just DF, but it has significant effect on box reflection and other things. For simple, High DF amplifier will not let the loudspeaker to move without "permission" (input signal amplifier). Loudspeaker itself producing sound pressure both front and back side. Back side sound pressure come into loudspeaker box, then reflected by box walls back into loudspeaker, then loudspeaker resist and re-reflected it into box again, and again until there is enough sonic pressure in loudspeaker box, then box resonance frequency dominated the sound environment. It (box itself) shake and vibrate.
This is less happen if loudspeaker allowed to move a bit different from input signal. Box will not shaking too much and less resonance frequency. There are also some type amplifier that allow loudspeaker to do that, like low DF amplifier(tubes,current based and its variant), and partial damper amplifier(diode damper, logarithmic damper, (your dxamp is part of this type)).

I will add more later.;)

My projects are all finished this time, so it is my relaxing time. My last finished is high voltage devices, finished in 31 dec 10' around 15.30pm when it must be finished in december, that was very close.:)

Here are some amplifier with variable impedance that sucessfully catch people.

Yamaha B4. Japanese version (may be original version) of M4, Two of best sounded amplifier from yamaha. And now they have YST series.
Yamaha B4 and M4 - basic differences - AudioKarma.org Home Audio Stereo Discussion Forums
pinoyAUDIO - Yamaha B4 and M4 differences
Patents related with B4:
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/pdfb/documents/uspt/patent_pdf/4908/US4908870/pdf/US4908870.pdf
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/pdfb/documents/uspt/patent_pdf/5206/US5206912/pdf/US5206912.pdf
YST is dynamic variable impedance amplifier, there is a compressor-like attached in their current feedback line.
Yamaha Diagrams, Schematics and Service Manuals for FREE

Luxman L2, L505, L590 and more:
Typically low DF and some of them has tubes inside. They don't have any impedance adjust, and Yamaha also remove impedance adjust for M4, that exsist in B4 as original version. A clue?...or I don't know.
There are still more amplifiers with impedance adjust but may be B4 is the most catchy. I don't have much info about accuphase, which is best, E550, or else. Any info?. or anyone maybe

Hehe they are old amps that has best until this day.

Last edited:
I am glad to know

Do not be sad about dear Ontoaba..i do not mean this is not good.... i just have said this technology have not dominated the marked...we cannot see this spread worldwide in several models....so....i have suspections that may have problems.

Alike Class D...this exists since the fifties.... very interesting idea.... high efficiency, reduced part's count, nice sound (not so nice)...well..... was not approved.... people just do not like...they feel the sound sterile, synthetic... we have waves... cicles of fame... seasons when this is used world wide as "the must"... a hot thing...high tech...very modern... technology from the present years...a new age technology........ from time to time this invades the market and then disappear...and this happens since the fifties.

I have class D here...from Philips...i bought it during one of these "fashion" times....i know that thing very well.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
No, not sad.;)
I am now going to finish my cheap amp PCB and start to emulate one of best amplifiers with it (will be single ended classA). The rival is say it OCL150W and its variant, it is not easy to built low cost and high quality anyway.

I ll wait the accuphase clone, and looking out E550 and E202.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.