Balanced vs non-balanced crossover to power amp (Krell KSA100MKII clone) question - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th December 2010, 02:54 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Balanced vs non-balanced crossover to power amp (Krell KSA100MKII clone) question

I have fully balanced DAC/preamp. I've built 2 Krell KSA100MKII monoblocks and starting to build 4 more to implement tri-amping of my Magnepan MG3.6R speakers. I plan to combine 3 amplifiers in a single unit with separate drivers and output stage power supplies, including transformers.
My question is: does it worth to implement balanced crossover (OPA1632 input buffer, OPA827 buffers in the filters: http://www.integracoustics.com/MUG/M...ey/mg3.6xo.htm) and disconnect NFB RC (R16 on the attached schematics) from the GND and connect it to inverting output of crossover (buffer on OPA827)? Is there any negative moments except price of extra op-amps considerations in comparison to implementing balanced to non-balanced buffer, regular crossover and leaving NFB as it is?

Thanks,
Viktor
Attached Files
File Type: pdf KRELL_KSA100_mainbd.pdf (51.9 KB, 71 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!