Balanced vs non-balanced crossover to power amp (Krell KSA100MKII clone) question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have fully balanced DAC/preamp. I've built 2 Krell KSA100MKII monoblocks and starting to build 4 more to implement tri-amping of my Magnepan MG3.6R speakers. I plan to combine 3 amplifiers in a single unit with separate drivers and output stage power supplies, including transformers.
My question is: does it worth to implement balanced crossover (OPA1632 input buffer, OPA827 buffers in the filters: http://www.integracoustics.com/MUG/MUG/tweaks/davey/mg3.6xo.htm) and disconnect NFB RC (R16 on the attached schematics) from the GND and connect it to inverting output of crossover (buffer on OPA827)? Is there any negative moments except price of extra op-amps considerations in comparison to implementing balanced to non-balanced buffer, regular crossover and leaving NFB as it is?

Thanks,
Viktor

Attachments

• KRELL_KSA100_mainbd.pdf
    51.9 KB · Views: 115
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.