Carver PM-100 Schematics

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Help! :eek:

I'm working on a friend's Carver PM-100 Plate Amp, and can not find any (free) shcematics on the web. :bawling: The problem is that there is +12V of offset on the outouts, and I've replaced all the output transistors, but no change. Tried disconnecting both secondaries (+/- high Vac & +/- low Vac), but transformer sti8ll hums LOUD, like it's shorted. +/- measured DC Voltages are +54V and -6V. History is that this amp ran a set of outdoor spkrs, and the spkrs shorted, drastically raising the load on the amp.

Outputs WERE Toshiba 2SA1302 & 2SC3281 pair. Since I had a few rails of Motorola & On Semi MJL1302A & MJL3281As laying around, I upgraded to these instead. (I kept the older Motorola-labeled units for myself & gave him the newer On semi units! :D)

Any help here would be appreciated. Thanks!! :D

'73,

N8XO

diyAudio Member
Joined 2002
Hi,

Check driver transistors, high power resistors, PCB, bridges. Repair one channel first. In second channel temporally disconnect (desolder ) drivers and output transistors. (or remove fuses). Check quiescent current true output transistors. If rails are unsymmetrical, then your PS is overloaded.(hum).

Regards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.