NAD USB RIAA Head and Line Buffer Amp PP-3 (PP3)-Schematic here-but several Questions - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th December 2010, 06:27 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default NAD USB RIAA Head and Line Buffer Amp PP-3 (PP3)-Schematic here-but several Questions

in the attached PDF you will find my own drawing of NAD's PP3 (PP-3, Phono Preamp 3), except the AD-converter section with PCM2905; the genuine diagrams are not available about NAD.
Unfortunately I don't understand the complete circuit - especially concerning certainly devices I don't know the exactly aim:
1) R181-R184, D101-D102 and R169-R170 (Voltage Regulator)
2) R150-R152, C138-C140 (RIAA-network, right channel and according devices left CH)
3) R156-R158, C154-C156 (RIAA-output, right channel and according devices left CH)

Additional I don't find a datasheet on the web for the device near by USB output. The SMD marking code is "RT93" (outline you will find in the attached pdf by the device numbers).
Who knows more about this device?

And a last question: The German PP3 folder mentioned a special circuit topology to realize a soft clipping function. Which devices are therefore in use? Thank you for your hints.

Some URLs for your information:
NAD PP3 folder
NAD Electronics :: PP-3 Digital Phono Preamplifier
Instruction Manual
http://nadelectronics.com/content/10...TAL_100628.pdf
Schematic NAD PP2 (PP 2 Phono Preamp 2) for comparing to the PP-3: by post #6 about
FFT Noise Spectrum of the LM7812 three terminal fixed voltage regulator
Attached Files
File Type: pdf C_...A-NAD PP3 Line+RIAA MM-MC.ckt.pdf (48.2 KB, 240 views)

Last edited by tiefbassuebertr; 20th December 2010 at 06:30 PM.
Old 24th December 2010, 11:59 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

no replies?
Old 23rd February 2014, 09:33 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Finally(!) here's a Reply for you ! Thanks for the schematic - there does not seem to be an official one available, even to official service centres.

I gather they are unreliable little beasts - My first one outputted a large buzzing noise on top of all audio, and now my replacement has died (no Power LED). Should be relatively simple to fix now (thanks).

RTL93 ? Mine does not have this installed - just a bunch of unpopulated pcb pads in the area !

Cheers

Hide this!Advertise here!