Small computer Subwoofer..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
iwanna build a reasonable small pc sub. ,maybe with a 6" cheap
driver.. so ineed to know how much power will be enough?
sure i know that it depends on the driver, but i mean for the
avearage listner & gamer in asmall room..
& will it be comparable to any zoltrix or creative ones?

thanks in advance..

deepanger said:
...will it be comparable to any zoltrix or creative ones?

You should read this comparison of a few computer speaker systems.
http://www.dansdata.com/speakersets.htm
It is pretty interesting because the reviewer took some of the stuff to take internal photographs. They have a Creative system in there. It appears to have an 8" driver, but when the guy unscrewed it, it turned out to be a passive radiator... with a <6" driver behind it.

I have a Adire Shiva which has an 87.2 dB sensitivity, and when playing music 40w is enough to get you evicted.
But, because of the increased dynamic range (which results in lower average output) DVDs are a little quieter than I would like.

I would recommend choosing a driver (with as high a sensitivity as possible) and then figuring out how much power you need.

How much are you looking to spend? Do you have any amps already?

well ive my only diy car amp. ,its a TDA1554 based.
4channels each with 22watt rms. but ican build any more powerful
one for the sub.
ijust need something reasonable using any cheap driver (but not
those sh!!ty ones imean) for playing some mp3s & games..
dont think that this amp. ive already will be enough..right?

i think 50watts is plenty. i built a bandpass subwoofer from a radio shack 8" driver and it was loud. then i Built another one useing a kicker c10 9 compitition sub ) and used it in a bandpass box too. It killed my 15" usd subwoofer. if i had the chance again i would totaly use the kicker c10 in a bandpass configureation. also i only ran about 90watts into it and it was VRRY VERRY loud and 15w was efficient too. I loved it. i would sujest building one..

here is a picture of my bandpass box.

Attachments

• band pass.jpg
    band pass.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 334
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.