Phase margin with capacitive load

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi

I simulated the amp Blameless-D.Self (output EF), with a load of 8R//100nF and the amp has overshoot with this load after measuring the Loop Gain and noticed that it is not PM <180° (Attached).
I am using in the output inductor with a shunt resistor (1uH-10R), output emitter follower, has no stability in capacitive load ?
The simulation is correct :scratch:, anyone have any comments...

Thanks

Attachments

• PM.png
    PM.png
    19.6 KB · Views: 156
www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
A few things you need to attend to here to improve your situation:-

1. you are running your LTP at far too low current. run it at minimum of 3mA - I prefer 10mA, but some people would say this is too high. 5mA is a good compromise.
2. The current source load in the VAS stage is far too low - you need to set this to about 30mA (on a triple emitter follower, you can get away with 15mA).
3. You need to add some emitter degeneration to your VAS transistor - you cannot run the VAS transistor like you have it without serious problems. Try about 33 Ohms to start off with.
4. I cannot read the value of your LTP mirror load resistors, but they look like 82 Ohms. These need to be about 22 Ohms each.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.