Rig an onkyo to be always on mode - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th November 2010, 02:19 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Rig an onkyo to be always on mode

Ok the parents got there first tv in 15 years. Its a flat screen with the speakers in the back and sounds like crap. They have a stereo onkyo receiver and 2 paradigm bookshelf speakers. Now my goal is to have the onkyo turn on when the tv set is turned on, and off when the tv set is off. I can source 5v switched from the hdmi header of the tv set. However the onkyo has a momentary push button for the power. Its an older unit from the 90's so its not too complicated inside.

Now i can get a solid state relay that will switch 120vac with a 5v trigger. However im kinda lost on how to wire the onkyo to always be on while plugged in.

I havent tried seeing if it will run continuously with the momentary switch jumpered...
Old 30th November 2010, 03:00 AM   #2
Account disabled at member's request

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightanole View Post
I havent tried seeing if it will run continuously with the momentary switch jumpered...
It will almost certainly not. The momentary switch engages a latch circuit (as simple as a pair of diodes or as complex as a microprocessor).
Why not just leave the receiver on all the time?

Hide this!Advertise here!